Fan problems 5600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan problems 5600

The fan on the GeForce Fx 5600 was making a clicking noise, i am not sure what the problem is.
    However, the clicking has stopped, at first i thought "YES! its ALL good", then i opened my tower....and the fan wasnt spinning!!! what should i do? Will it overheat if i leave it like this?

thanks

Try lubricatin' the fan first, http://www.dansdata.com/fanmaint.htm and if that don't work replace it as the card will need that coolin' when under heavy load.

Comment

Yeah, same thing happened with my 9100, it's very easy for a small fan to get clustered up, so take it apart and clean it from time to time.

Comment

well, i ran out this monring to get some light oil like those suckas said to....but nothing happened...biggest f****** waste of $300 ever, only 4 months old. Can you think of anything else which could get it running again?
        once again, thanks for any help/advice you can give

Comment

no need to get so upset, just buy a new cooler for it. More than likely the new cooler will be more effiencent than the original one anyway.

Comment

Bein' only 4 months old it should still be under warranty so RMA the sucker.

Comment

yeah, it should be....but seeing as the line is discontinued where i purchased it from....the only way to exchange it ia to get a better one (all they have is the 5900 which cost $575 canadian) so thats another $300 outa my pocket..... i am going to have to try to weasle my way into the 9600 pro for the same price, thanks for the help

Comment

Just replace the stock cooler with something else, as already suggested. That will only cost you ~$20US

Comment

I'd try to get the 9600Pro, its a better card, or get a new product from the manufacturer. Your last resort should be trying to replace the HSF. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

I'd try to get the 9600Pro
                    I would get the 9600XT, it's a better card than both 5600 and 5600U...and a lil' but better than 9600 Pro as far as clock speeds and features go..:cheers:

Comment

yeah, cus i really gotta try and do that b4 i mess around wityht he fan, cus once i have done that, well, no chance of me getting a replacement

Comment

Working...
                      X