"best card"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maximus7001
    I in no way intended to insult you, it's just that I see people with pIII's being told that they need to upgrade to enjoy the "newest fastest gfx cards"

There are many misconceptions with computers and most are caused by misleading marketing tactics and down right lies to sell some things. Look at the 4x/8x agp issue, I have sat there and listened to many salesmen lie to a customers and say it will perform twice as fast as their old 4x version of the same card claiming a 100% increase. How many people ran out and bought a new mobo and 8x version of their old card to get this suposed 100% increase in gfx performance. I can think of about 5 people that did just that.
    Yeah, well I'm sorry if I got pissed. It's not the argument itself, but the way you presented it, you could've downright corrected instead of asking me a question you knew I would probably answer incorrectly. I've just grown tired of internet forums besserwissers who seem to enjoy humiliating people instead of acting politely, helping each other, like people try to do in real life on a day-to-day basis.

However I must admit that I may have judged you too soon, considering this reply is coherent and civilized, and I agree with you 100%. It's really bothering to see that computer salesmen these days (maybe always?) seem to trick unwary customers by any means just to sell their products, taking advantage of the fact that probably most of the people that use (and buy) computers, don't know much about the technical side. And as much should be blamed all the companies with their vague naming schemes, Geforce4MX springs first to mind, which actually is nothing but an overclocked geforce 2. There are countless examples like this and what's bothering me even more are the biased reviews on some major HW sites. It really is saddening these days that customer should know everything about what (s)he's buying in order to not get tricked. And btw, the AGP8x is actually also a great example, as soon it came available we saw a lot of "new" 8x cards, which compared to their 4x counterparts offered <1% performance gains (even while the bandwidth is theoretically doubled), but probably were sold to people in the way you described. OTOH, considering the quality of computer salesmen these days, maybe he really believed in what he said! ;)

Soppa

Comment

There's quite a bit of speculation goin' on here that's not really necessary so how about waitin' to see whether vrex gets back with some proper hardware details and then we'll go from there. : omg:

And I do mean wait until vren gets back with his full spec's.

maybe I should start a list of ppl who can't READ :?:

Comment

Working...
      X