No announcement yet.

Looking for video card (merged threads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for video card (merged threads)

i have a good videocard i have a geforce fx 5600 256 mb i want to play the game morrowind really smooth and i dont know why but i have fast computer my computer has 2.0 ghz processor it has 512 of ram and the game just needs a 500 mhz processor

minimum requirements to play the game

Operating System: Windows 98/2000/XP/ME
    Processor: Pentium III 500 MHz or Higher
    Video Card: 32 MB 3D Graphics Accelerator
    Hard Drive: 1 GB HD
    CD-ROM: 8X or Faster
    RAM: 128 MB RAM

my computer

Operating System:windows xp professional
    Processor:2.0 ghz
    Video Card:geforce fx 5600 256 mb
    Hard Drive: i have 37 gb of free space
    cd-rom:i guess my cd-rom is faster than this is like 48 or 52
    ram:512 ram

i want to get a better videocard but i dont want it to be more than 190 dollars i tried to optimize my system perfomance i read the galore's guide but i still can't play this game really smooth what do i need to change? my videocard or my processor or do i need more ram?

What type of CPU is that? Also, what type of RAM?

Comment

that hardware should be able to play morrowind pretty well. If you are having problems, I'd suggest you try some software optimizations tweaks before investing money in new hardware.

I'd suggest these guides to get you started:

WinXP Tweaking: From Reformat to Relax

WinXP Tweaking: From Relax to Righteous

Morrowind Tweak Guide

Comment

i have a celeron processor
        and at the moment i am using sdram but i have 512 of ram

and morrowind use to work on pentiums 3 of 500 mhz
        and it needed 128 of old sdram

Comment

Morrowind :yuc:

It came in the bundle with my Ti4200, so glitchy. I think they coded it really sloppy for the comp. Didn't make much of a difference if all the settings were way down or up. On X Box it was actually pretty fun, it's too bad. I'd try those above guides. THey really help. After that, turn down your settings and see what helps. I've found that it's not graphics that hang up morrowind, but CPU. They really did a slipshod job of coding the frames and what not, so your CPU has to render a lot more than it should. Try turning down CPU intensive options, like draw distance, etc. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

what kind of cpu should i get so i can play the game with no problems and be able to put the graphics almost to the max?

Comment

a friend told me that when you look at videocards you should look at the bandwidth of the card and other things so i want to know what is the more importantthing you need to look in a card
              because i only put attention to the ram

Comment

The Clock speeds, DirectX capabilities, texture pipelines, and oh so many other things. The amount of RAM on the card is such a miniscule thing to judge, 128mb is on a large range of cards, and some are crappy.

Comment

Working...
                X