Clear All

• Radeon 9600 SE causes no monitor signal

Ok here is my problem:

I have a:
    CPU: Athlon xp 2600+
    Motherboard: Asus a7v8x-x with VIA KT400 and VIA VT8235
    RAM: 512MB DDR333
    GC: Ati Radeon 9600 SE

When I first put the graphic card in my computer, it was able to boot to windows. The drivers from the disc, however, would not install. I downloaded the catalyst software from the ATI site and these installed. I checked under display and it recognized an ATI 9600 graphics card was installed.

The card was working properly for 3 days when all of a sudden my computer crashed and an error report came up listing my display driver as the problem.

Now, whenever I turn on my computer the monitor gets no signal even though I can hear it click when I power up my computer.

I put my old Geforce 4 MX 64 mb card back in and it works fine.

I am confused because the card was working in my system, meaning it is compatible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Did you fully remove the drivers for the GF4? Switching from nVidia to ATi without fully removing the nVidia drivers is a known problem causer.

Comment

I havent installed any drivers for the GF4. Any other suggestions?

Comment

:( humm poor guy i feel sorry for you... hummm try changing the bios options, also check if the graphic card is getting enough energy u must have at least 300W to run that graphic card, or the gc could be damaged i advise you to give it back since it probably has waranty right? because that problem has nothing to do with drivers in my opinion is the graphic card itself :O ill try to seach more info about that problem if i find a solution u'll be the first to know :) same thing is happening with my geforce2 mx400 but when i put the Radeon 9600Xt it works.... humm weird

Check if your motherboard fully supports Agpx8 because that might be problem, some mobos dont fully support agpx8 if you dont install the latest bios version

Comment

When you turn the PC on, do you still see the usual mem count / POST screen?

If so, then here's two things to try:

- Boot up in Safe Mode and remove the video driver completely. Restart and see what happens

- Boot in Safe Mode and make sure that it has selected the right display as the primary display.

If not, then it almost sounds as if your video card has gone boom.

Comment

yeah do what he said i think that will fix it out

Comment

Originally posted by Killerstrike
              Check if your motherboard fully supports Agpx8 because that might be problem, some mobos dont fully support agpx8 if you dont install the latest bios version
              What a load of BS as the card is fully 4x AGP compatible as well.

Comment

well ok

Comment

Working...
                X