Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get videos to shown up by TV but NOT the comp screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get videos to shown up by TV but NOT the comp screen?

you need to enable "extend windows desktop" then you can just drag stuff over to that screen and maximize it

Comment

I know with dual monitors you can do two different things (one on each), but I'm pretty sure on a TV your stuck doing whats going on on ya monitor. Although im not 100% positive on that.
      Go through all your settings for it extensively and make sure theres not a setting for it though

Originally posted by mrblah
      you need to enable "extend windows desktop" then you can just drag stuff over to that screen and maximize it
      If that wasnt ticked, then nothing would show up on it anyway.

Comment

Comment

With TV you are stuck with whats on the monitor.
          CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
          Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
          RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
          GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
          PSU: Thermaltake 500w
          SC: Audigy 2 zs
          LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
          Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
          Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Originally posted by AsianBatman
            With TV you are stuck with whats on the monitor.
            What a load of crap. I've got a 9700 Pro, and I have an extended desktop between by TV and monitor a lot of the time. Works fine.

To do this (in Windows XP), I simply do the following:

- Go to the Display properties
            - Go to the Settings tab
            - There should to be two 'screens' in picture. One of them will be greyed out. Right click on that one and select 'Attached'. (Note - I've found that if you want to use WMP to watch videos on the secondary display in full screen, you need to make that screen the primary as well. Could just be me though)
            - There's two tickboxes on the screen, one to make the selected display the primary, and another to extend the desktop. You want to extend (primary is up to you).

So, after all that, it should look like the screenshot below:

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
              Note - I've found that if you want to use WMP to watch videos on the secondary display in full screen, you need to make that screen the primary as well. Could just be me though)
              I do that no problem on my secondary

Comment

Probably just me then. Just whenever I double click on the movie to full-screen it, it automatically goes onto the primary, no matter which screen WMP is on.

Comment

Comment

In order for video to work, you need to make the TV primary. I have this same thing with my Radeon card.

Comment

It could be a refresh rate problem. I've got a 4 year old Panasonic 68cm TV, which even works when I try it at 1024x768 (not compressed either).

Another thing to try would be a composite video connection to see if that works...

Comment

Working...
                      X