Dual Monitor ATI 9800?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Monitor ATI 9800?

I just bought an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 9800 Pro (128mb) video card, and would like to connect two monitors. One monitor is a 17" CRT with a VGA connector, and the other is a 17" LCD with both VGA and DVI connector. Note there is only one DVI connector on my 9800 video card (no VGA connector).

How can I do this?

Hmm, I'm not really quite sure. I've used TV-out with my Radeon 9800 Pro before, but never dual monitor. I assume that they're hooked up in similar ways, however. Try going through the manual, and making sure you have all the proper cables.

Really, though, I can't help you all that much, aside from actually getting the software to work...although you should be able to easily figure that out.

Comment

If its only got one DVI connector, and no VGA, your SOL on dual monitor, though you can probably output to a TV. Though I'm wondering if theres some type of dongle to connect to the card for more ports.

Also, use the DVI on your LCD

Comment

Sounds like your trying to get the same setup as me. I don't think there is anyway unless you use the tv-out or buy a monitor seperator. (Don't know if thats the name).:cheers:
        CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
        Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
        RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
        GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
        PSU: Thermaltake 500w
        SC: Audigy 2 zs
        LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
        Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
        Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Im not sure of your card but i have a ti4600 and i hook my main moniter to dvi and secondary to the moniter out and then you have to go to display propertys to enable both moniters.
          P.S. if ya want to play games on both moniters ya might not be able to cause it will only play on your main moniter , i think ya need a matrox vid card for that they have one thay uses 3 moniter pretty sweet but expensive

Comment

Its not the same thing becaues the ti you got does not have a tv tuner like moe, so he can't hook up another monitor, but you can cause you have a dvi and a vga output.
            CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
            Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
            RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
            GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
            PSU: Thermaltake 500w
            SC: Audigy 2 zs
            LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
            Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
            Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Working...
            X