Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geforce 4 not loading with my athalon 1900 properly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geforce 4 not loading with my athalon 1900 properly!

I WAS running a PII 450 Mhz.. Then upgraded finally to something better...

Anyways I got an athalon 1900 XP.

Works fine.... problem is ai have a Nvidia Geforce 4Mx card and when i boot up the system, it runs but over top of the screen is all these weird pixely graphics and such.. they are like pruple and stuff, and behind all the "static" you can see the system booting, and then when it gets into windows its the same thing.. you can see all the distortion at the front and in behind see windows....

I CAN fix it by starting the computer and once it displays. i hit reset and it works like normal.... no pixely garbage all over the place......

only problem with this is now when i make it to TV OUT. its always black and white.. which shouldnt be......

Anyone know what this problem is?????
    Thanks

usually a result of vsync being off, or overclocking the card...........which is what i always do...........the mx isn't a very strong card, and is usually part of motherboard chipsets as a throw in..........check your settings and back off on some of the eye candy, what there is of it, also drivers, see if there are issues there as well.............last straw, pull the card, and have the system re-recognize it, and start over from scratch, then update the drivers...........hopefully that helps

Comment

Originally posted by JSR
      usually a result of vsync being off, or overclocking the card...........which is what i always do.
      OC;ing/Vsync isnt really there when Windows is loading, and a reset wouldnt fix it.
      check your settings and back off on some of the eye candy, what there is of it,
      Settings and eye candy dont matter at Windows load.
      also drivers, see if there are issues there as well.............last straw, pull the card, and have the system re-recognize it, and start over from scratch, then update the drivers...........hopefully that helps
      That also wouldnt be an issue, as a rest fixes it.

Full system specs, and OS will help. Also power supply unit ratings.

I'm thinking the PSU is at fault, maybe ya mobo, as it seems the card isnt getting enough voltage on a cold boot, though a warm boot is fine.

Comment

thanks for replying.

First it wouldnt be a driver or overclocking problem because....

It starts before the drivers are loaded, as in before the boot up....

and 2 i havent overclocked my vid card..

actually nothing is over clocked..

one technician said it was because I was running the card on a much slower sytem previously and the card is jsut used to running that slow. but I cant see this as being a possible reason......how can the card be used to running at anything.. its hardware... either it is compatitble or not and it is...with this...

I jsut got the gtu tweak program I'm going to try forcing it to run at 4X if it isnt already..maybe tahts it?

Comment

Originally posted by WillRivendell

one technician said it was because I was running the card on a much slower sytem previously and the card is jsut used to running that slow. but I cant see this as being a possible reason......how can the card be used to running at anything.. its hardware... either it is compatitble or not and it is...with this...
          That tech is full of ****. As for te tweak program, that stil wont make a diffrenece, as the problem occurs before drivers are loaded etc.

Like I said, full system specs would be a major plus

Comment

Ok I think its fixed...

What i did in the set up is....

AGP Fast writes Enabled

AGP Mode 4X (was at Auto)

AGP Aperture 128 (was at 64)

I shut down... and left it for 30 seconds...

should try and leave it a bit longer.. but when i turned it back on it booted perfectly...

I havent tried the tv out yet.. but i will in a bit......

I over clocked the card 5mhz....

is this a bad idea??

I smell steak cooking right now. but ithink its a barbeque and not my comp....
            if it is my comp.. damn.. but it smells good .

:)

Thanks
            Guys..

I have ONE other problem..

II have 3 regular 1.44 Floppy Disk Drives and NONE of them seem to work..

I'll plug them in.... and it detects them and installs the floppy.. I put a disk in..... try to access it... it says "Please insert a floppy.....

is it possible all disk drives are broken??? or is there another solution cuz i dont see how all three of them are broken..... since they worked before..

Anyone have any ideas?

Im pretty sure its hooked up fine.. its a new MOBO and a new cable... and it IS detecting it. so...

I dotn want to spend a bit of money on a new floppy.. if theres jsut a small problem.....

need a floppy drive to boot up so i can update my BIOS..

another question..

is Bios updating necessary/bad/good/pointless?

Comment

The small OC shouldnt hurt.

BIOS updating is only needed when your having issues etc

Comment

boot up seems to work but the tv out put being in black and white is still there...

must be another issue..

:(

worked fine on my old machine..

Comment

Check all ya settings, must be one of somewhere, also the TV dont happen to be set on B&W does it?

Comment

all the settings seem to check out ok...

now that i think of it.. back when i had the detonator drivers installed it was fine. then i updated to the Forceware drivers....

more features etc.. but since then.. seem to have this prob...

Comment

Well go to the old drivers and see if that fixes it. :cheers:

Comment

actually first problem is not even fixed..

:(

the PSU is brand new.. 350W

i dont get it....

what should I do.. jsut format?
                        i ahte reinstallling th works :rolleyes:

just overclocked pc and got floppy working tho....

Comment

Working...
                        X