9600xt vs. FX5900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9600xt vs. FX5900

I needa get a new graphics card... i have a AIW 128 pro.... THATS 32 MB!!!! WTF. I have to play max payne 2 on this crap, the character models look like pastels! holy crap.... yea so anyways which one would b better with a budget of somethin around 200. :rofl:

They perform around the same, the 5700 Ultra has the edge in older games while 9600XT has the edge in newer games, with better Pixel Shader 2.0 performance. I would go 9600XT just plainly cause it comes with HL2, which is nice $50 bonus.

Comment

woops not the 5700 i meant the fx5900. Its one of the cheap ones but i got a ok score in bjorn3d. lts the Leadtek WinFast A350 TDH (FX 5900) its only 200 dollars so yea which one to get?
      So basically its asus 9600xt vs leadtek winfast a350 tdh-(lx) 5900
      and its NOT (5900 ultra)

or

Comment

Value FX5900=:thumbs do

Go with the 9600XT, its got good performance, and ya get HL2, if it ever somes out. ;)

Comment

:confused: So which one is actually better? i checked a buncha other forums and they gave it their 2 thumbs up... they say its good for games like max payne 2 and call of duty, but most importantly i "need" it to work for Doom3, and WELL. at least in the 70's. So which one should i get... Wanna get a couple more responses.. b4 i decide???????????:rofl: or may b i should just wait until doom 3 actually comes out and then i can buy another one. so which card would b a good card to buy until then?

Comment

Originally posted by bum_squad
            or may b i should just wait until doom 3 actually comes out and then i can buy another one.
            That's what you should do. Just wait. If you really have to get a card now, but are just going to upgrade later on anyway, just get the cheaper of the two.

Comment

Where are ppl keepin' their brains these days? But I fixed the headin' of this thread to reflect the true course of matters. :rolleyes2

Comment

Working...
              X