Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which video card should I use FX 5200 or Ti4200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which video card should I use FX 5200 or Ti4200?

I'm reformatting my 3rd spare system. I have a GeForce Ti4200 and a GeForce FX 5200 video card on hand that I can use for it, both 128 mb. I've been using the Geforce FX 5200 in the system for while but have kinda got the idea that the Ti 4200 might be a little faster from reading some of the post here. What do you guys think is the best 3D graphics card between the two of them?

The Ti-4200 is faster, no questions asked!
    The only avatage of the Fx-5200 is that it is Dx9 compatible... but using it slower the card even more!
    Did you see the price difference? The Ti is almost twice the price... there is a reason why!

Comment

ti4200 kills that thing, a ti4200 keeps up with an FX5600 :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by Spongebob
        I've been using the Geforce FX 5200 in the system for while but have kinda got the idea that the Ti 4200 might be a little faster from reading some of the post here.
        The Ti4200 is miles faster so ya didn't get the right idea after all.

Comment

you can watch the dawn demo w/ the 5200 and not the 4200.............hehe :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by JSR
            you can watch the dawn demo w/ the 5200 and not the 4200.............hehe :thumb:
            I doubt very much whether the Dawn demo would run very well let alone watch it on an FX5200 but I do know which I'd prefer to play games with and the FX5200 doesn't even come in my selection. :thumbs do

Comment

Dawn Demo actually runs very nicely on my system (as does the naked version that my kid downloaded ... assuming that one is into pr0n anime).
              Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
              X