No announcement yet.

geting new video card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overclockin' a vid card depends a lot on the manufacturer and the memory that's used but an FX5600 isn't as good as an R9600P (even when both are overclocked) but the FX5700 will give the R9600P/XT a run for the $'s. : peace2:

Comment

wizard james : Have you looked for some other stores in your area ?
      For example, here in Montreal I can get the R9600Pro for $222cdn. at Ordinateur En Gros instead of $332cdn. at CompuSmart

If you and your Mom feel ok with ordering online, then you will also find a better price than at CompuSmart.

Try this thread for a list of Canadian online stores. The 4th post (by Maxpowers) might intrest you. They are in Alberta.

Try Macrotronics

Address: 106 Meridian RD NE Calgary, AB. T2A-2N6
      Hours: Monday to Friday 10am-7pm, Saturday 10am-5pm, Closed Sunday
      Phone: (403) 228-0599
      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

yea i just notiecd that ...right now i am on about 3 fourms.

i am going to look all around. hey maybe i might find a 9800xt for under 400 :cheers:

Comment

There's nothin' wrong w/ shoppin' around as some very good deals can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by ISH
            Hey young dude get an FX 5600 if your por like me or if u like get the one with highest number it works for me! But people dont like the fx series i think its becuse you cant OC. But i have an fx5600 256 with it i can play games with high res and graphics UP! for just 0
            The 9600XT he is looking at will blow your 5600 256mb away without even trying. It does cost a little more though but its well worth it.

Comment

yea it would .

the lowest place i can find it is at this little computer store that has 2 in stock. lol

and its 550 dollors.

dont ask for the link because its such a small place its not even a webpage set up.

Comment

Working...
              X