VisionTek Radeon 9100 128meg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VisionTek Radeon 9100 128meg

Yea, i finally decided to buy a halfway decent video card, so I got this today for $75US. Has anyone used this card themselves, and will I be able to overl**** it? Stock speeds are 250core/250mem(500DDR)

isn't the 9100 like a MX440? I'd hardly call it a ' halfway decent video card' if that is the case...probably a low end budget card at best

if you had saved a little more money you could have gotten a Ti42000 which OC to the level of a Ti4600 with out much effort and is still a great performer in most current games

Comment

I dont care, its still gonna be better tan my onboard vdeo

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
        minibubba[/size]]
        isn't the 9100 like a MX440? I'd hardly call it a ' halfway decent video card' if that is the case...probably a low end budget card at best

if you had saved a little more money you could have gotten a Ti42000 which OC to the level of a Ti4600 with out much effort and is still a great performer in most current games
        The 9000/9100 are far ahead of the MX440's not only in speed but in DX support as the MX440's are only DX7 units while the 9000/9100 are DX8 hardware plus very good for those on a very limited budget.

Comment

ATI themselves compare the 9000 pro to a MX460 as can be seen at the bottom of this page:

Comment

Radeon 9100 uses the R200 core so its pretty much a lower clocked 8500 which outperforms all Geforce 3 cards and is slightly slower than a Ti4200.

So for $75 US they're a bargain for ppl on a budget.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny83

Radeon 9100 uses the R200 core so its pretty much a lower clocked 8500 which outperforms all Geforce 3 cards and is slightly slower than a Ti4200.

So for US they're a bargain for ppl on a budget.
              This one is actually a relabeled Radeon 8500LE, i just found out, and I cannot dind it for under $110 on Priceatch

Still no answer to if ill be able to overclock it

Comment

I used to have a GF4Ti4200 & a Radeon8500(9100) in my 2 home boxes - the GF4 did bench higher - but the difference during actual gameplay was not noticable

I still think the 9100's are one of the best values for the money you can find right now....as long as you get one with decent clocks

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                  This one is actually a relabeled Radeon 8500LE, i just found out, and I cannot dind it for under 0 on Priceatch

Still no answer to if ill be able to overclock it
                  I haven't used a visiontek9100 - but I set up my brother-in-law with a power color 250/250 R9100 - his did 280/280 right out of the box & is probably capable of a fair bit more with the pencil Volt-mod:D

Comment

is 250/250(500DDR) a good clock, sry, i kow nada bout video cards

Comment

It is a good clock as some R8500's were clocked lower but you'll certainly notice the difference over ya old one.

Comment

yeah 250/250 is a good one...

there are 9100's out there w/ 230/230, 230/200 & 230/166 clocks

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                          It is a good clock as some R8500's were clocked lower but you'll certainly notice the difference over ya old one.
                          I know this video card will top my Moms Geforce2 MX400, which i thought was great, and here GF2 kicked my onboard video, Heck, my Trident 2meg PCI tops this onboard crap

EDIT: i need to watch my mouth again, im getting really bad

Comment

I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but make sure you disable the onboard video before you go installing a new card ;)

once had a guy that had a SB audigy and his onboard sound going at the same time...it was causeing a number of problems

:cheers:

Comment

Get this, untill i got this tweaker bios a few days ago, there was no way to disable onbaord sound or video on the POS

Comment

Working...
                              X