Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chaintech's GeForceFX 5600 Ultra @ 400/800 Isn't out? When??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaintech's GeForceFX 5600 Ultra @ 400/800 Isn't out? When??

Hi peeps

Well, i was in the process of purchasing a Gainward GeForceFX 5600 PowerPack! Ultra/760 Gold edition from a retailer off web........when I got an email stating that they are not in stock and are no longer available. :cry:

Then after going back to Chaintech's and Gainward's websites, I found 2 cards (1 from each) that I would love to get...in order of preference

This one is awesome....:bounce2:
    [red]Chaintech GeForce FX 5600 Ultra A-FX71[/red]

[blue]==NV31 (?)
    ==400 MHz engine clock
    ==800 MHz memory clock
    ==Dual 400MHz internal RAMDACs
    ==88 million vertices/sec
    ==1.4 Billion texels/sec fill rate
    ==12.8GB/s memory bandwidth
    ==A Hot heatsink/protecting "sheath" over the board
    ==Blue board[/blue]

and im sceptical on this one's performance given its also NV34....
    [green]Gainward GeForce FX PowerPack! Ultra/760XP 128MB Golden Sample[/green]

[blue]==NV34
    ==325MHz core
    ==650MHz memory
    ==10.4 GB/s memory bandwidth
    ==a cool heatsink/fan over the GPU
    ==Red board[/blue]

I definitely would want the ChiefTech one.......but I cannot FRIGGIN find it ANYWHERE on the web!! (United States retailer or someting) :cry:

Does anyone know when it is arriving? I dont want to wait more than 1 week.......sheesh

If it comes down to it, that its gonna take too long, im gonna try to find and get the Chieftech A-FX70 (if can be found) or if these above 2 are not found..... the next fastest one...

Asus V9560 Video Suite (http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=...Suite&langs=09)
    ==GeForce FX 5600 (non Ultra)
    ==325MHz core clock
    ==600Mhz memory clock
    ==Dual 400 RAMDACs

Just checout www.pricewatch.com as I looked and they had places with those FX5600.

Comment

I emailed Chaintech and this is their response....

---------------------
      Hello John,

The FX70 is not yet available for sale. The timeframe is end of June or early July. You should see it in your favorite online resellers by then.

Thank you!

Chaintech America
      -----------------------

Dammit........i dont want to wait that long:cry:

Comment

{PoSeIdOnAs}: As the second generation (final) NV31 chipset has just been finalized by Nvidia, that sounds about right.

Comment

I chose to wait until the Chaintech A-FX71 comes out....the specs are [far] higher than any other GeForceFX 5600 out there currently and from what I seen on websites of Albatron, Chaintech, ASUS, and ABIT. As far as PNY, BFG, and MSI...I wont ever bother buying from them anyway.

I just hope this new chaintech does not cost more than $240.

In the meantime Im thinking about ordering the monitor I was thinkgina bout...... the ViewSonic P95f+b.......but i heard the thing about horizontal lines (2 of them.....one at left and right side of the screen) and that bothers me. I want perfection. And im not going to buy MAG, Samsung, Hitachi, LG, KDS, CTX, whatever. Sony neither.....hmm..... not many choices left (that I can trust like the ViewSonics). I even thought of getting the Graphics-line of their 19" but their refresh rate and max res isnt as high as the Pro-line.....:grr:

Comment

{PoSeIdOnAs}: Abit's new FX 5600 Ultra OTES III is another board worth considering.

Comment

Working...
            X