Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rugbydude
    In other words if he don't remember shoot him :shoot3: :snip:
    This boy from the isle of man seem to have a great amount of anger hidden inside.. lmao

:rofl:

Comment

No, he literally meant it.. *polishes his shotgun*

Comment

many games are made to use the features of their cards specifically
        <--thats why nvidia is and will be the market leader, you like ATI, go for it bud, u like bad driver support and games that dont work, have at it!!
        before you made the off the top of your head snap decision that ATI is better, did you even look at the specs...ATALL?? the FX5900 beats the ati hands down, hell if almost as powerful as some computers ppl still use.

Comment

:) That article is very intresting. It is explained very well and in lots of detail.

Originally posted by ZEROKOOL
          <--, did you even look at the specs...ATALL?? the FX5900 beats the ati hands down, hell if almost as powerful as some computers ppl still use.
          :) I think one of the main points is that Nvidia may have been optimizing its drivers so it has good specs. The specs will therefore be fabricated and unreliable. Its not uncommon for companys to do this and is false advertising really.

"That kind of bull**** is always floating around when Nvidia or Intel makes some new hardware that manage to outperform ATI or AMD. "

:) Can it be refered as bull**** when "FutureMark, the developer of 3DMark2003, has told us that it is also aware of the issue with nVidia's 44.03 driver, and is currently investigating it as well."

" It's the real game tests that are important.. Let's see how the cards differ within Ut2k3 etc not to mention Doom3 and you'll see.."

:) Totally agree with you there tweaker, however it will be very hard to do such i think as it needs to be a set standard to make this specs reliable. Thats why 3Dmark was created - and the trouble is the more of a set standard it is the easier for a company to go behind our backs and fabricate the specs.

"Well why complain? If the card can handle your games better ..... They ain't the leader for nothing ya know"

:) I think its the fact your shelling out so much money for hardware which may have fabricated specs - plus if it gets to the point of you needing nvidia to play the games nvidia can hike up the price and you can't do anything about it. Its like microsoft all over again - we don't want one single company leading the race we want loads of competition for cheap prices!

In the end as long as the card works and they are not ripping us all off then good ****. Nice article toolbox :)

ta ta

Comment

Sometimes we have to look beyond our differences and move to a place of solidarity with people who, in the past, we've distanced ourselves from. Today, [H]ardOCP broke some very interesting news about ExtremeTech's claim that nVidia was "fixing" the results of 3dmark03. Here's a little snippet from Kyle:

Two days after Extremetech was not given the opportunity to benchmark DOOM3, they come out swinging heavy charges of NVIDIA intentionally inflating benchmark scores in 3DMark03. What is interesting here is that Extremetech uses tools not at NVIDIA's disposal to uncover the reason behind the score inflations. These tools are not "given" to NVIDIA anymore as the will not pay the tens of thousands of dollars required to be on the "beta program" for 3DMark "membership".

What Kyle has to say is definitely worth reading, so please head over here and give it your undivided attention.

AMDz

Comment

what sucks is my pal (and i) couldn't play metal gear solid 2 'cos it doesn't support ati drivers. i dunno when we'll be able to play it right, whether there is or will be a patch for fixing this or not???
              this is why i call this an unfair competition. if we had an nvidia card, we wouldn't be bothered at all.
              :thumbs do

Comment

As I promised...
                Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                Managing Director
                Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Well certainly sounds like 3D mark has a major flaw - but what do we use to benchmark our PCs then?! I think it still should be alright to use for doing that. Shame ExtremePcs is "angry" at not getting the doom 3 demo - however that was just two opinions maybe a third non biased article is needed! lol (extreme pcs didn't get doom 3 and HArdOCP did so maybe there is some rivalary?!) What do you reckon?

I defiantly think testing it out on games is much better, shame futuremark may go down the drain if the above opinion spreads. Maybe we should mail it to them to see what they say!

ta ta

Comment

Originally posted by ufuk21p
                    what sucks is my pal (and i) couldn't play metal gear solid 2 'cos it doesn't support ati drivers. i dunno when we'll be able to play it right, whether there is or will be a patch for fixing this or not???
                    this is why i call this an unfair competition. if we had an nvidia card, we wouldn't be bothered at all.
                    :thumbs do
                    Then why don't ya do yourself a favour and buy a nvidia chip instead..:?:

haha no don't be mad I'm just playing with ya..

:cheers:

Comment

I actually agree with nVidia ! Whoa...
                      I never benchmark my system, because IMOA, I believe it's how good a game looks and how smooth a game looks. That's what really counts, not some number which maybe be a little higher or lower than your friend's. :2cents:
                      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

This is true but sometimes its hard to know what difference new hardware makes - at least if you benchmark it you can be confident that it has made a difference even if its just a little one.

ta ta

Comment

I understand your point.
                          In my case, I only upgrade when I start to have problems with a game that I play...Case in point: BF1942 has stupid lines on the screen with my R7500, so I'll (probably) be getting an R9700Pro soon (great for the $). When DOOM3 is released, I might have to upgrade my vid card again. :2cents:
                          SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Yeah i think im going to have to upgrade my comp to.....or have it on really ultimate limited graphics :) Im thinking of upgrading my computer over the summer so i can save. I have am at uni and have nooo money - i even don't have a mouse mat :cry: lol

What other types of benchmark software is there out there?

ta ta

Comment

i agree with all the remarks on benchmarks being not so accurate...
                              all that matters is gameplay, but as many of u mentioned, they can help to show the differences other devices make, like cpu, mainboard and ram, which i think is quite useful.
                              :thumb:
                              btw the article on extremetech was very interesting, does tweaktown have that other version of 3dmark? so we can have a non-biased viewpoint. :cheers:

Comment

I like to use UT2k3 as a benchmark. You don't have TOO much control over but it runs the game and actually uses the real game enguine and marks by that...there are also other benchmarking tools outside 3dmark

Comment

Working...
                                X