Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA cheats on benchmarks?

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1086025,00.asp'
    What do you think? This is basically saying NVIDIA makes the GPU pay more attention to 3dMARK2003 to make it look more powerful than the 9800P when it might not even outpreform it..oppinions post them below

bahh.. :blah:

That kind of bull**** is always floating around when Nvidia or Intel makes some new hardware that manage to outperform ATI or AMD.

Some people don't think that's possible, but within time they usually get's convinced otherwise so let's give it some time and they will come around.. :2cents:

:rofl:

:cheers:

Comment

Btw 3dmark wtf is that who cares.. It's the real game tests that are important.. Let's see how the cards differ within Ut2k3 etc not to mention Doom3 and you'll see.. :devil win

Comment

True or not ... Nvidia is doing a good job making synthetic benchmark scores, specially 3D mark, even more unreliable.

Andy

Comment

to be fair the fx 5900 ultra is the ultimate card to be revealed so far... the specs are good enough to prove this.
          but nvidia being the market leader for so long, many games are made to use the features of their cards specifically, which i believe is totally unfair.
          ati should make a complaint about this "nvidia the way its meant to be played" bulls**t.

Comment

Well why complain? If the card can handle your games better and if the game developers optimize them for your card then Yiha I say.. :)

They ain't the leader for nothing ya know..

Comment

I doubt this is true very much since in nVidia's Reviewers Guide for the NV35, they recommended NOT to use 3DMark2003 and wrote 2 pages why it is not a reliable benchmark.
              Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Also, check out the little write-up on HardOCP.com at the moment. It goes a little deeper into the whole situation.

Comment

Can you sum it up for us beefy? And why not use 3D2003?

Comment

yeah Beefy sum it up..:bounce2:

:rofl:

Comment

go to www.hardocp.com and read it for yourself. It's not something you can sum up easily.

Comment

Where on Hard|OCP I don't know where to look and why not use 2003 (or is that part of it...)
                        nvm...I found it sorry but help me with my ICP problem... or whatever

Comment

I'd be.. :eek:

This is some serious whoopass man.. Specially at high res tests with aa/af enabled..

Comment

When I return home tomorrow I will post the reasoning as to why nVidia think 3DMark2003 is not a reliable benchmark - if I dont hopefully one of you guys will remind me ;)
                            Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                            Managing Director
                            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

In other words if he don't remember shoot him :shoot3: :snip:

Comment

Working...
                              X