• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA GeForce FX is the graphics processor of choice at E3

www.nvidia.com.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Well the FX5900 seems like a winner, according to [H]ar|d|OCP they FX can get 50+ FPS in Doom]|[ with AA4x/AF8x which is pretty impressive

Comment

:wow:

Well I wonder if it can kill ati's 9800 pro.. I hope cause Nvidia need this..

:cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
        :wow:

Well I wonder if it can kill ati's 9800 pro.. I hope cause Nvidia need this..

Benchmarks show its performing better in most, if not all, tests.
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

:flames:

FX 5900 Ultra is a nice card, bout time too, its been a bad run of cards for Nvidia, hope they keep it up. Competition is good for us consumers. It does beat 9800 Pro in most benchmarks, i wouldnt take the Doom III benchmarks seriously, as it runs in the mode Nvidia prefers, and Nvidia has had access to the game development. Wait a few months for the full game to come out, and when ATi have released proper drivers to support it. ID isnt gonna bar off ATI users, they make up a large proportion and it would be stupid to ignore them, as much as Nvidia wants to use its marketing power.

:woot:

Comment

This may sounds really stupid to all you techies but there is one problem with the card - its name. Im sorry but the same goes for ATI. Having daft name like radoen or FX 5600 and means those of us who aren't specked up will not so sure what to buy. I will be alright i can just ask tweaktown :) but say my kid brother (if i had one) wouldn't know what the hell the difference is - he would know that in most cases a geforce 4 is better than a geforce 3 but then he might be caught out with ti and mx versions :( They could do with creating a standard name like pentium and its 1234 lol. What do you reckon?

ta ta

Comment

Yiha I knew they could do it.. Nvidia is once again the way to go then when building a supercomputer designed for gaming..

Comment

The new FX and 9700+ cards should not be handled by people who don't know what is what (no offense) they are worth TOO much money just to play Roller Coaster Tycoon 2...It pisses me off how some people get like the newest $600 card and dont even game or install it themselves! WTF!

Comment

Also, people who don't know the full story about something should not always be first in line to dispense advice... :rolleyes2

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
                    Yiha I knew they could do it.. Nvidia is once again the way to go then when building a supercomputer designed for gaming..

When building a money is no object supergamer that is.. :devil win

Comment

Yeah, looks like imma save up 3 months just to get one...hope it increases my performance 300% or more or i aint gettin it

Comment

Originally posted by t00lb0x
                        The new FX and 9700+ cards should not be handled by people who don't know what is what (no offense) they are worth TOO much money just to play Roller Coaster Tycoon 2...It pisses me off how some people get like the newest 0 card and dont even game or install it themselves! WTF!
                        Oh come on you can't really say that. We aren't all put into two catagorise: super gamer who knows loads about computers and rich boys who know jack ****. We are all at different levels i was just trying to say that they could make the names more ergonimical! lol
                        I built my computer in the summer but and i didn't know jack **** about ATI and how good they are - i couldn't even quote you the number of the make of card so i hope your not gonna put me in the "rollacoster tycoon peeps" lol i cause i consider my self a true gamer :) (well i have and will continue to play on them for ages)

Besides its just good marketing (well they obviously don't think so) thats why hutchinsons have called them selfs 3 so you when you see the number anywhere in the world you should think of them. When i see the word Geforce i think nvidia (might work for FX as well!)

:cheers: ta ta

p.s what names could we call it? I reckon the nvidia valhalla 1 or summit LOL oh dear!

Comment

Yeah it should beable to beat it cause its clocked at 425/850 on 256 bit memory interface. So it really just a super-high clocked 9800
                          <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

I'm just generalizing and its true. Rich boys who play no cpu need games with 500 dollars for a vid card, i mean come on...

Comment

That's one of the stupidest things I've heard you say.. and you've said a lot.

Just because someone goes out and buys a top of the range video card and doesn't use it to their potential, doesn't mean they shouldn't have got it.

A) People buy cards for other purposes than games, such as myself getting an AIW 9700 Pro. Sure, it's a nice little 3D card in itself, but the video / TV capabilities of the card are what made me buy it.

B) It is safer to go out and buy a newer more expensive card, as it will take longer to become obselete.

C) Games aren't the only things you can do with 3D cards...

It's more that people who can't see the broader picture shouldn't be dishing out advice, as opposed to ignorant people buying video cards...

Comment

Working...
                              X