DirectX9 dude!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too

But, is there a "full" download? I only found a web installer and I don't like them, I prefer a single file.

Anyone knows about it?

Comment

I was searching for one of those also. My search concluded that there is only a web-installer, but I can be wrong. Good downloading :cheers:

Comment

its only like 7 mb just use the downloader, believe it or not there is a performance boost with my force 3

Comment

Like we said earlier, each update will usually improve performance to some degree.

Also, as newer games ship out, they will come with the necessary DX version that the games needs to work properly. There are already games around that are shipping with DX9.

As for a full download, it's not really that hard to find... For those who couldn't just go <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c46234ca-2695-4270-8e21-8a18684396b3&DisplayLang=en" target="_blank">here</a> and download the redistributable pack (about 32MB).

Comment

Thank you. :thumb:

Comment

Ok about a 600 point difference in 2001SE

Comment

I have a GF4 MX 420, I downloaded DX9a, and my computer would crash while loading MOHAA, I tried several times. I didn't get it to work, so i restored my pc to when I still had dx8.1.. I'll just wait untill I get a dx9 card..im in no rush

Comment

Hello Guys!

I am finally back online. You see I installed some prgrams and newer drivers from my Asus CD and KABOOM!!!!! My whole system crashed when I restarted. I had to delete my entire partition and reinstall the OS! What a pain in the A$$! Not to mention the programs and connestions.

But anyways WatstheDoo needs to pay more attention to things. You can't download DirectX9 unless you have a v-card to support it. GeForce 4 certaintly ain't one of them.

Chaos

Comment

Uhhh chaos, i have a gforce three running on DX9 (just updated) it has removed random artifacting, and my screen from shaking, I also get about 600 points more on 3DMark 2001SE

Comment

I have never heard of that man! I thought that your v-card had to be DirectX9 compatible. How does that work? Anything special about it?

Chaos

Comment

The card or DX9? No its just the original Gforce 3, not even a TI...

Comment

The card, i thought it has to be designed for DirectX 9

Comment

Nope...read above from beefy

Comment

It does help to read through a thread before saying something like that. Persian and I pretty much explained how it worked...

Comment

"Nope...read above from beefy" ...oh your talking to chaos, hey beefy whats your real 2001SE benchmarks?

Comment

Working...
                                X