Is it worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it

I cant afford a new mobo for overclocking so the best i can get is PC150SDRAM. Will I be able to hit a 150fsb or is it still not worh it?

You will only hit 150MHz FSB if all things come togeter properly... and the odds of it doing so are slim with your current motherboard. The board, the memory and all peripherals have to work together to attain these levels of performance. To be honest, the board you have sucks, so it is unlikely that you'll hit your desired speed.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I dont use any pci devices so will that help?

Comment

Probably not. :(
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

i'm poor too.. but i got my epox 8rda+ from myself,heres what i did

- i ask my friends if they had any junk ( like videogames,, books ,,,, clothing ..etc) and then had a garage sale..

i managed 80 bucks in 4 days.

- then,,i joined this little 5-7 year old basketball and help become a referee and a coach. (i made 7 dollars a game for refreeing,, and 50 bucks for the whole coach thing)

I made a total of 245 dollars in just 2 in a half months' ..

Try to find some mini job,,like mine,, (refreeing basketball. and u will have the money to buy a new mobo in no time

( o just to let u know,,i've been refreeing for this club for 3 years now,and i have made 2000 dollars :):thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
            I dont use any pci devices so will that help?
            Yes you do, unless you have no onboard audio, no onboard video, no onboard ide controller, etc, etc... as those all use the PCI bus :)

Comment

Originally posted by Suicide
              Yes you do, unless you have no onboard audio, no onboard video, no onboard ide controller, etc, etc... as those all use the PCI bus :)
              true didnt think about that

Comment

i thought they were just connected to the south bridge, and thats it. But i guess thats sennsible, because the PCI bus operates at 133 MBs bandwidth and thats the highest you can get standard ATA.
                <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

The southbridge contains the PCI bus.

Comment

Working...
                  X