FInally OC'ed my xp2100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FInally OC'ed my xp2100

I got the FSB up to 140, my cpu freq. is 1820mhz....downside is my temp is 55C under use...im gonna try to get some pc150 sdram and get a thermaltake 7+

If you have any other suggestions plz tell me..

(I used CPUFSB to do it)

I'll post Wiggos reply for him... it worked for me.

Make sure the bend in the clip is centered over the .....brain fart over the raise portion of the chip, where you put the compound.... I swear... I didn't drink too much for lunch today :thumb:

Comment

I just took my side panel off........there was a few psu wires blocking one side of the hs

Comment

what would be the best spot to put it?

Comment

Not much a 40mm fan will do unless it's coolin' a chip such as northbridge or video. ;)

But those temps if correct are too high. :(
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I just put in a 120mm exhaust........ive already got an 80mm intake and im getting another one tonight...or im gonna get a hdd cooler. temp under load is now 48C, but when i reboot bios says its only 44C

Comment

post the true speeds of amd athlon xp's.......i couldnt find it, and i wanna see what mine is around after i oc'ed it........also my pc133 is probably whats holding me from 150fsb isnt it?,,,,,if i got pc150, would it help?

Comment

Have the Pc Chips 810LMR with AMD 2000+

When I tried to use CPUFSB ?? to change the bus, it said the .PLL file could either be found or saved.

What did you do different other than install, choose MB and type then jack it up to 140? Tried to get the frequency, tried to save it, just about every other button.

No luck????

:bounce:

Thanks
                Chas

Comment

Also, there 2pll's for the m810.......ICS 94208 or ICS 9248-136

Comment

I had (or still have) the same problem with my 2100+ i can only go to 140 b4 it becomes unstable I tried changing voltages on ram and cpu no effect , my temp was the same at 55c the only with pc-133 i then got 2700 ram and still the same problem. I don't know if the heat is the main problem but i'm pretty sure that its the motherboard, some boards like my A7A266-E just can't handle going too far past default .... unless im totally wrong and someone else can solve the problem for us :p

Comment

The prob may just be that ya's were unlucky with the cards dealt as no hardware is created equal and with the good will aways come the bad. Sorry guys but it is a fact of life that overclockin' involves at lot off luck even though some of us will go to extremes to minimise this happenin' the chance of gettin' a dudder is always there. :(
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

is my pc133sdram probably what is holding me from 150fsb and up???

Comment

yes it's definately a major contenter in that department. : peace2:

Comment

would it be worth getting, or should i just get an epox board and get ddr?

Comment

Don't bother..
                              Get a nforce2 mobo, cheap and fast!

:cheers:

Comment

Working...
                              X