overclocking intel Celeron D 3.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: overclocking intel Celeron D 3.2

okay it was stable at 6 6 6 15 , running on ddr 3 1000 .. now i have something new , we werent sure about the fsb jumper .. so i got it back to default , now i have ddr 800 and ddr3 1066 , and the cpu z the ram is running at 533 with this divider , 5:8 . and 7 7 7 20 . and guess what i tried to increase the cpu clock to 340 and it booted fine ...

Comment

so what u think should i try increase the nb voltage to 1,3 and then try to increase the bus speed more in case it didnt boot at the auto voltage when i change it , or should i get back everything like i had it before , its ram is running faster than before on same cl 7 , okay it ran at cl 6 before but with 500 mhz , is this worth it ?

EDIT .. okay so i cant inscrease the bus speed more than 340 , which is 7 points inscrease from the default . i tried lowering the timings to 6 6 6 17 64 6 4 4 4 on 544mhz , it booted fine . now im going to stress test it and memtest .. and if it passed i think im going to keep this if u agreed with me , since im getting little boost in speed and ram and low timings so i guess it all cases it better than before ..
      Last edited by gametofame; 08-21-2011, 04:12 AM.

Comment

1.3v on the NB is a lot usually not needed unless running very high FSB(450+) and high speed memory. 1.24-1.26 should be fine.
        With no vcore control you may be able to push it to 2.8-3GHz, but loosen the memory timings untill you reach max CPU clock.

EDIT: keep your eye on core temperatures, with Prime95 they should not exceed 70c.

Comment

okay the max bus speed i could get is 342 which is 2670 almost ,anyways testing my temp with coretemp , 3rd core got to 72 on prime and bsod right away .. i went to bios lowered the bus to 340 . again ran prime , and again 3rd core reached 72 temp and stoped the test .. what should i do now ?
          while trying to increase the bus speed i loosned to cl 9 no result whatsoever

Comment

How high get core 1? 72 is ok just high for Prime95, won't cause no damage to CPU though.
            What thermal paste do you use?

Comment

i used the one that came with the cpu , core 1 was 50ish . but i got problems and i had to reset everything to default changed the jumper back to ddr1333 and im back to 500mhz memory running at 6 6 6 15 .. because i had 2 bsods on 340 and even lower .. so its not worth it .. the 30 mhz inscrease in ram and the boost in cpu speed.. this is getting on my nervs to be honest . i mean the cpu is brand new and i cant run it at the default memory speed of ram .. i even sent to asrock support but i didnt have the seriel number for my motherboard so i guess i wont get a reply ..

Comment

Working...
              X