overclocking intel Celeron D 3.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overclocking intel Celeron D 3.2

hello , 1st of all English is my 2nd language so excuse me for it :)
    okay Ive been reading a lot lately about overclocking cpu ..

my pc specs is Intel celeron D 3.2

motherboard ASRock G41c-s

chipset is intel g41

2 gb Transcend JM800QLU-2G ddr2 400mhz
    512 Kingston ddr2 333mhz

i know its a crappy pc but the mother board isnt that old .. i got a laptop so im planing on overclocking this pc ,
    in the bios the optimized cpu freq is 133 i changed it to manual , and increased it 180 ofc with small amounts by adding 5 to 10 mhz each time , when i reached 180 the pc wouldnt start i got stuck with blackscreen .. from 160 to 175 , the pc runs good but blue screen poped like 3 times and the games i used to play with 20 fps , worked for 30 fps for the first hour and then all of the sudden the pc would get so slow and game so laggy and would run at 1 fps even in the menu ., now i decreased it to 150 and everything is running smooth , and the game is running like before without any change in fps .. i read about this mother board , when i switch to manual overclocking , the cpu fsb are united during overclocking for more stability but the pci /pcie are fixed .. ill attach 2 pics , one for cpuz and the other for gpuz .. im kinda a newbie to the whole overclocking but i really want to know why when i increased it to 180mhz , it didnt start and is that my limit on this mother board .
    ty in advance

Image Upload !
    Image Upload !
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gametofame; 07-18-2011, 04:28 PM.

Re: overclocking intel Celeron D 3.2

Can you please attach CPU-Z text report (in about tab).

Comment

done :D

Comment

Better aways make new post.
        Note that when you are increasing FSB you also overclock the memory.
        Current timings are 4-4-4-12, and those are for 266MHz, With FSB 175 ram runs at 350(2x175).
        There are 2 options, lower ram frequency or higher(loosen) the timings.
        Try timings 5-5-5-15 (1st 4, the rest auto) and also increase ram voltage a bit above 1.8 if you did not do it already.

I don't see CPU voltage option so there's not much can be done there.
        Do you remember the BSODs codes?

Comment

okay ill change the timing the 1st 4 , and i dont know whats the Bsods to be honest , but if its the blackscreen i got when i was 180 , it didnt give me anything .. just a black screen , im sorry for misleading u by editing my last post instead of making a new one ..
          about the voltage ill try to increase abit , but i didnt change the 1st time cuz i didnt know which one to change cuz i have like 4 voltages , in bios each for diff thing ..

okay the blue screen codes is the Bsods my bad , and im sorry but i didnt give any attention to it .. saw the codes but cant rememeber it .. the only way is to over clock it again and hope for a crash :D
          Last edited by gametofame; 07-18-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

the NB, VTT and GTLREF should be ok at low FSB, the board can run 333MHz FSB with defaults.
            Please post CPU-Z text report with the new settings.

EDIT: Please also attach a screen capture of MemSet main window (Alt+PrintScreen to capture the active window only)
            Last edited by Chike; 07-18-2011, 05:14 PM.

Comment

okay the dram voltage is at 1.96
              changed the 1st 4 to 5 5 5 15
              Attached Files

Comment

newbie question , now the 2 rams are diff , the 2gb has the max of 400mhz and the 512 has the max of 333mhz , does that effect the overclocking ?

Comment

Maybe a little less, 1.9v should be OK.
                  Does CoreTemp or Real Temp work with this CPU? if not how do you measure CPU temperature?
                  I see 3 temp reading in the report
                  If 72c is CPU temp it may be too high.

Comment

the pc temp is around 68 69 sometimes 71 c , the only way for me to see the temp is throu bios and everset tells that the mb temp is 40 c
                    Attached Files

Comment

But this is with only 155MHz FSB.
                      Seems very hot, is this how it wlways been before overclocking? All case fans working properly?

Comment

yep before overclocking it had like 60 65 ., but there is a problem i had , i might still have it , the the fan on the mother board was a little loose , i tried to get it fixed , not sure if it got fixed , and there is another case fan , thats working , .. for a week maybe i left the case open , ofc disabling the 2nd fan , but just letting left side open , cuz i was worried about the temp as well

Comment

Do you mean the whole CPU heatsink was loose? Maybe you need to clean it and re-apply thermal paste.
                          Need to do it with care, the stock HS pins break easily.

Try a room fan blowing over the open case see if that gets temps lower.

Comment

yea the heatsink was loose but i sent the pc , to a pc shop to get it fixed , and he did clean infront of me , and we managed to make it stable again (heatsink) .but to be honest i didnt notice if he put thermal paste or not , was busy looking at stuff i guess . but i did open it now , and there is no thermal paste :S .. opened the bios the temp was at 73c! ..
                            the dram is at 1.86 the higher after 1.80
                            so far all my pc problems that i faced is heat isnt it ?

Comment

okay i had a problem now , i think pc turned off by itself cuz it got hot .. anyways got a fan on it and opened the case , its at 50 now

Comment

Working...
                              X