• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to Overclocking in Bios

Using Prime95, I am popping 102C max.

Comment

103 as a high with Prime95. I think I am gonna re-check my grease.
      Last edited by gatomon02; 04-11-2011, 10:08 PM.

Comment

103C? I get 42C with MaxxMEM, 10C more with Prime95, you had 57C with MaxxMEM and now 46C more?
        Besides, temps should not exceed 100C as at 100C the CPU supposed to throttle down (TM2 must be enabled in BIOS Advanced BIOS Features)

Comment

100C?????

If that is correct stop testing now and be sure your cooler is fully and proper attached, that's way too hot!

Comment

Sorry I was reading it wrong. I did recheck my grease, added more, and ran the PC for thirty minutes while I transferred files. Real temp was reading between 45 and 55C. I did not run the burn test. I do want to thank everyone insofar for their time, patience, and knowledge.
            Last edited by gatomon02; 04-12-2011, 12:18 PM.

Comment

So everything is ok now? Still with the settings for DDR-1600?

Comment

Kind of. I am still monitoring it. Had heat issues, so I turned the CPU down to 2.8ghz to stem the heat until I get an aftermarket cooler. Going to boot it back up to 3.00 and monitor it since I added more grease and checked my fan.

Comment

Which cooling are you looking for air or water?
                  You can find good air cooler for 40 USD or less, under 30 with special deals, keep an eye on.
                  Best CPU Cooler Performance Q2-2010

Comment

Very nice, Ty. Using air. Do you know any GOOD fan coolers that use blue LED's? My father in-law and I did custom body work on my Antec to add more LED's, and I would like to find a good fan with said feature.
                    Last edited by gatomon02; 04-13-2011, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Case fan you mean?
                      I don't know what's good, by the specs Cooler Master fans look pretty good.
                      SickleFlow 120 Red LED Fan (R4-L2R-20AR-R1) - Cooler Master

Comment

You can switch fans to blue LED fans on many CPU coolers out there, just pick a good one and put blue LED fans on it.

When you said you added more paste, that doesn't sound right? Did you actually add some? When you remove a cooler, you need to clean off the CPU and heatsink to remove all the old paste, and then put new paste, each time you remove it.

Less is more, a thin line or small blob around the size of a small pea is plenty.

Comment

Yes, I removed the old paste. I booted the CPU back to 3.0ghz, and so far it's holding in the mid forties for temp. I get the funny feeling my fan wasn't all the way down ><;

Comment

Cool, I was just checking to be sure!

Sounds good man, ya it musta been that is wasn't fully seated before or something.

Comment

Of course, I will hold off OCing the CPU until I get a better fan. Now I have a new problem all together...my external HD is showing 280g/320g used, but I cannot see any files...

Comment

What kind of drives, USB or eSATA?
                                That's with optimized defaults too?
                                To save your currect settings press F11 at main BIOS screen, and save a BIOS profile, later you can restore it with F12.
                                Sometimes a click higher ICH/IO or ICH Core needed when OCing.

Comment

Working...
                                X