Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime/OCCT/MemTest/FurMark/...-stable, but not in Games. Advice welcome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prime/OCCT/MemTest/FurMark/...-stable, but not in Games. Advice welcome.

Ok that's interesting. I am basically at the beginning again. The same behavior is present with the DS3R when OCed to 4.4 GHz. C2Ds, BSOD nv4_displ.dll. I tried the ATI I ordered: It's the same here (C2Ds). Nvidia & ATI. both fail. Hmmmmm, there has to be an instability somewhere even if it passes prime/occt/memtest. Broken GPU/Drivers/MoBo = impossible.
    "From the moment they wake, they devote themselves to the perfection of whatever they pursue"

Comment

ATI can't give the same errors? Did you use a driver cleaner when you switched?

C2D's Core 2 Duos? Just checking to be sure.

Comment

C2D = Crash 2 desktop ;)

ATI & Nvidia. With both cards they occur. Exactly the same behavior. That BSOD with nv4_disp.dll occurred when the Nvidia was still installed.

Yes I've used DriverCLeanerPro/DriverSweeper. uninstalled/installed properly.

so to sum things up:
        Code:
        4 GHz DS3 stress-software-stable  games NOT
        3 GHz DS3 stress-software-stable  games stable

4 GHz DS3R stress-software-stable  games stable
        4.4 GHz DS3R stress-software-stable  games NOT

Nvidia or ATI doesn't matter. same with both.
        "From the moment they wake, they devote themselves to the perfection of whatever they pursue"

Comment

Ahh ok! See, glad I asked :)

Hmm, so 4Ghz + is the problem with each board and either card eh? I expect issues maybe at 4.4, but 4Ghz should be fairly ok. I do not personally game, but I did just do a Sapphire 4890 review at 4-4.2Ghz, on X58 though, and did not have any problems.

Maybe it's just your settings need still adjusted at the higher clocks? Lets have them again, the 4Ghz ones you are trying, and I will advise somethings for you to try tinkering with to see if it helps or not

Comment

Not necessary Lsdmeasap, it seems i'm at an end here with that board at 4.4 GHz. tried everything again from vCore increase up to 1,45v (totally overpowered when 4Ghz does it at 1.23v), MCH, FSB, PCI-E, loose timings, everything: 4.4 is not Games-stable with this combination of board and CPU. Why? I absolutely don't know. As I said this is the same situation with the old board and 4Ghz discussed on the first page(s).

Clocked down to 4.2 GHz and my Games are stable. That is ok for me.

Maybe it's just really the combination of Board + CPU that doesn't allow for any higher, although my actual vCore and as such my CPU is FAR from being at it's limit. Looking at the fact that the change from DS3 to DS3R gave my gaming-stability at now 4.2 GHz where on the DS3 this was max possible at 3.6, maybe a better board would allow me to drive @ 4.4+
            That's the only plausible answer I have after all this.

and again, you must be tired of reading this from me, Lsdmeasap: I salute you. You are the kind of person that helps just for the sake of helping. and that is a rare attribute in our time! you are special!

Comment

It could be the CPU really, 4.4Ghz is alot to ask out of a 3Ghz CPU, especially under a heavy load.

DS3 is a lower end board, so it could be slightly due to the board as well, in the case of DS3 anyway. DS3R is a bit better, then UD3R, then UD4P, UD5, Ect.

No, I don't mind helping and talking with you, that's why I am here... to help! Thanks for your kind words of support, most appreciated!

And yeap, you are right, I am always here to help so post back anytime

Comment

Working...
              X