No announcement yet.

Need help in the correct oc process....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine would run without the core voltage upped but under heavy loads would throw up the odd error now and again which is why I raised the core voltage. With good air cooling voltages up to 1.85v are ok but over that you're looking at water cooling or something even more extreme. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thanks Wiggo. Those temps that I recorded was from periodical reboots just to check my 'PC Health Status' option in my bios. At night, the temps get to 30-31c. I have a mini floor fan blowing into the front of my case into the the intake fans. So what do you mean by idle and full load? Thanks.

Comment

Idle is just the PC with the operating system running where load temps (these are the important ones) is while running software (Seti, CPU-Burn in and many, many others) that put a 100% load on CPU. Most motherboards these days come with software that lets you monitor the temp while in Windows but if you didn't get any with your's then Motherboard Monitor 5 will do the job. :smokin:

Comment

Wiggo did you play with the FSB/AGP/PCI ratios when you overclocked?...cuaz i over clock to 135 and everything was fine until...i shutdown(window gave me a blue screen error; i went ahead to 140 increasing the coltage as well and windows did even show up and boot. THX Wig : peace2:
          - Damien

Comment

The dividers only cut in at certain frequencies ( 100/133/166MHz ) so no I didn't. Maybe you have your memory timings set too aggressive and these may need to be slowed down somewhat for you to go further. :smokin:

Comment

ok I recorded 36c idle (or minimum activity) and about 39-40c full load (ie:Counter-Strike or any other pc game). Are those good or just normal? I just want some assurance here, hehe.:p

Comment

They are in actual fact quite good temps. :thumb:

Comment

Isn't it impossible to unlock the multiplier on a pentium 4?

Comment

Yes Intel made it impossible to unlock the multipliers on their CPU's since the mid 1990's so overclocking has been restricted to just the FSB. :smokin:

Comment

btw SQ-XcON S13, running something like counter strike isn't considered full load...in fact when i run counterstrike my temp hoes 1 above idle...when ppl say full load they mean the absolute highest they can get....ie runnning a cpu benchmark like sisoft sandra for more that an hr:afro:

Comment

thanks chisolm and wiggo,

Comment

Working...
                        X