Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and Athlon XP 2800+...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and Athlon XP 2800+...

New thread, incase folks don't want to recheck that other one since it's a different problem...

Basically, I just tried to boost my bus speed from 166 to 200, as another thread this is a good try with barton cores. But...

I'm not overclocked because my machine won't go past the post screen. It actually stops and says "your computer is running in safe mode. You need to go into the Bios and set the clock speed properly per your CPU that we recognized". it will even show it's running at 1250MHz (1.25GHz) in a safe mode.

The MB is seeing that my bus speed is not set correct per the CPU I have installed, and it's basically telling me to F off.

Not sure of any settings per that MB or Bios that I need to check or uncheck to allow a different bus speed setting?

Re: ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and Athlon XP 2800+...

Basically your CPU is rated to high for what you're trying (what you're trying to do works fine for up to XP 2500+'s but gets dodgey for XP 2600+'s) to do unless you're using extreme cooling measures.
    Just lock your AGP bus at 66/67MHz and gradually raise the FSB as far as can from 166MHz.

Comment

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. If I can't, I can't. Totally fine with that, appreciate the response.

Comment

Also, is there a way to push the BFG GeForce 6800 OC any further? Or is it pretty much OC'd from BFG all it can do?

Trying to eek a little more oomph from her, especially with DDO and Vanguard coming out.

Comment

Working...
        X