AMD 3000+ Temperatures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD 3000+ Temperatures?

I've got a non-overclocked 3000+ Barton that currently runs at 65c and has been for several months. Is that a bit high? I've got some sort of Thermaltake heatsink on it and a friend of mine says it might not be fitted properly. Another thing I'm confused about, my minimum shutdown temp for my motherboard's bios is 85c while my friends is 65c. Does that imply that the 3000+ runs at a hotter temperature and can withstain it better than say a 2500+?

minimum shutdown temps can be set at what ever you want! are you using the standard heatsink/fan that you got with the cpu and does it have that pink gunk on it! if so clean it off and apply some Artic Silver 3 or 5.

Comment

I can't set my shutdown temp to anything lower than 85C. There isn't an option for it on my motherboard... unless I'm missing something. It's some thermaltake POS.

Comment

Unless you can come up with some better details like, HSF model (Thermaltake make both good and bad ones), mainboard make and model, plus what case you have and its fan configuration, then you'll have little chance of finding a good answer especially considering you should've had this thread in the cooling forum (this has nothing to do with overclocking that I can see). :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by wayout44
          Unless you can come up with some better details like, HSF model (Thermaltake make both good and bad ones), mainboard make and model, plus what case you have and its fan configuration, then you'll have little chance of finding a good answer especially considering you should've had this thread in the cooling forum (this has nothing to do with overclocking that I can see). :roll:
          Sorry, I'm new. I didn't see the cooling section till it was too late. I just wanted to ask what the normal temperature a 3000+ Barton should be running at. Don't worry about fans or heatsinks, I just want to know the normal temperature that my chip should be running at.

Comment

Below 50C is good but above that isn't in my books though some mainboards will report higher temps than others.

Comment

I have the 3000+ with a good HSF and case, my temps are 38 @ start up and 42 during load.

Comment

Originally posted by wayout44
                in my books though some mainboards will report higher temps than others.
                Actually, moreso than not, the mobo reports the temp lower than it really is

Comment

hi everyone

Squeezcheez what sort of case do you have? I have an athlon 64 3400+ and it currently runs at 21 degrees. I have a thermaltake damier 5000a case which has 5 case fans plus i have an extra three 80mm case fans. If your problem still persists maybe u should buy a nw case or get water cooling

Comment

Originally posted by Amdking
                    Squeezcheez what sort of case do you have? I have an athlon 64 3400+ and it currently runs at 21 degrees. I have a thermaltake damier 5000a case which has 5 case fans plus i have an extra three 80mm case fans. If your problem still persists maybe u should buy a nw case or get water cooling
                    Why are you comparing an "Athlon64 3400+" against an "3000+ Barton" when its a known fact that the A64 series runs cooler?
                    Plus he still hasn't answered, "...details like, HSF model (Thermaltake make both good and bad ones), mainboard make and model, plus what case you have and its fan configuration...", so what's the point? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Amdking
                      hi everyone

Yeah your about full of ****. Show me any CPU running that cool under normal toom temp's and such and under 100% load and I'll **** my pants

Comment

My Athlon 3200+ runs at 120F.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X