My final settings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My final settings.

Hi all, I don't know if any of you remember but, I was using generic PC-2100 ram in my system. Because of this I was only able to get my fsb up to 298mhz. which isn't that bad considering.
    Well i went out and bought PC-2700 ram. After messing around with it all day, my final settings are,

13x159=2067

Thats not as good as I thought it would be, but atleast I am able to turn my multiplier all the way down. The proc runs a little cooler that way.

Oh well, I'm building an AMD64 based rig as soon as the parts get here:D Will post Specs and Benchmarks soon.

well, for a 2200+, 2.06 ghz is not that bad actualy ;)

Comment

His board and lack of an AGP and PCI lock are whats stopping him, 2ghz isn't anything special.

Comment

i think you are right acually:snip:

Comment

Yea my mobo is pretty old

I can actually get it up to 2.24ghz, but then I have to resort to using a house fan to cool it down:p

Comment

Can't you get it to run @ 12.5x166?(pci/agp@stock again) Or will it not run @166 at all? This would be a better starting point. And faster due to increasing the memory mhz as well.
            athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
            tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
            asus a7n8xe-dlx
            thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
            bfg 6800gt
            seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
            samsung dvdrw
            2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
            logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
            2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
            creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
            mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
            DFI infinity nf4 ultra
            thermaltake tsunami dream -black
            seagate sataII 500gb
            evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
            samsung sata dvd-rw
            2x1024 ocz black
            logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
            ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

I agree, 166 would let you use the last divider for your AGP/PCI bus and keep everything in spec...

On Via boards you should try to stick as close as possible to the dividers (100, 133, 166, 200, yours doesn't have one at 200 though).

Comment

Hehe, my proc isn't unlocked. Lowest multiple is 13, and I dont know how to unlock it.

Comment

Ok, I set it to 13x166=2.16ghz. It seems to be running stable....
                  Although I tried to run 3Dmark03 and aquamark, But they failed...
                  With 3Dmark03 I get a message that says the window couldn't focus or something. could this just be from turning my fsb up?

Comment

Try a .1 bump in vcore.

Comment

:rofl: I was going to post that I raised the vCore. But on my mobo you can't raise it in .1 increments, unless I missed a settiing. I raised it to 1.70, So far I have run every benchmark succesfully.
                      I'm a little confused by this though, I didn't know you had to raise the vCore when you up the fsb. what's that all about?

Comment

Raisin' the core voltage ensures signal integrity which will deteriorate as ya push the FSB higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Radicus
                          :rofl: I was going to post that I raised the vCore. But on my mobo you can't raise it in .1 increments, unless I missed a settiing. I raised it to 1.70, So far I have run every benchmark succesfully.
                          I'm a little confused by this though, I didn't know you had to raise the vCore when you up the fsb. what's that all about?
                          Because you are increasing the processor's core clock...it needs more voltage to run faster.

Comment

I just realized something. A 1.8gig p4 would probably walk on my t-bred 2.16gig proc. I'm thinking about this now as Im learning how Important L2 cache is. Someone confirm this for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Radicus
                              I just realized something. A 1.8gig p4 would probably walk on my t-bred 2.16gig proc.
                              Highly unlikely. :rofl:

Comment

Working...
                              X