No announcement yet.

My final settings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But... a P4 has a 512 cache, and a t-bred has 256. doesn't that make a big difference.... at least in gaming?

Comment

Originally posted by Radicus
      But... a P4 has a 512 cache, and a t-bred has 256. doesn't that make a big difference.... at least in gaming?
      They're still totally different achitectures that work in different ways but ya'll likely find this review interesting and it does include a 1.8GHz P4. About the only area you're down in is with that old chipset.

Comment

Wow, thx for the link Wiggo. that really opened my eyes to what a Athlon is capable of. One thing though, that article didn't really explain why the Athlon's perform the way they do. I'm sure this is a dead horse, but could you break that down for me?:confused:

Comment

Yep it's a dead horse but here I go again;
          An Athlon because of its architecture is capable of processin' 9 instructions per cycle while a P4's architecture can only capable of processin' 6 instructions per cycle.

Comment

That's only theoretical though.

Any x86 processor today will be lucky to get off 2 instructions in a single clock.

But yes the AMD processors "do more work" or are "more efficient" per clock cycle.

The 1.8a P4 was a really badass chip. I have seen a lot of them over 3Ghz on air. But if you have an AMD also at 1.8Ghz it will win.

Comment

Working...
            X