My Cpu overclocked or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Cpu overclocked or not?

:confused: Hello my friends...i have a pentium 4 2.4 ghz cpu i overclocked it too 3.0 and my cpu temps didnt change at all, as u can see in the pic that i attached to this thread its 21c/69f....did it really over clock, o and another question when i raise the voltage on my cpu what am i realy doing 2 it?....thanks:shoot3:

grrrr.....im havin a problem uploading the pic

Comment

Use Sandra SiSoft from www.guru3d.com
      or CPUZ from www.cpuid.com
      or just right click on My computer and see what Ghz Windows is giving you udner Properties.

Comment

Volatge increase is exactly what it says, increasing the coltage running through the chip. This increases heat output, but can make a chip run more stable in an overclocked enviorment. A better explanation can be found in our overclocking guides here at TT.

Comment

i right clicked my computer and went to the properties and is say pentium 4 2.4ghz, but i used cpuz and it say 3006.81mhz....

Comment

check your cpu temps in bios after 1 hour of running

Comment

Tell me, how high did you set the voltage?

It should not need an increase at all to reach 3.0 stable.

My temps didn't increase either, but yours is certainly not 21c unless you are in a room that has approx. a 0c ambient temp, aka Igloo.

Comment

wut voltage should i set it to? on defualt its 0.0875...

Comment

No, on default its 1.525v.

Comment

hmmm well my mobo saying that, 0.0875 is the default, my mobo is gigabyte 8IPE1000 PRO, if it is wut u say wut should i change it to, i decided to lower my cpu speed too 2.8

Comment

That would give you 1.61v.

Probably not needed for 3.0Ghz. You should be able to do that at stock.

Comment

i right clicked my computer and went to the properties and is say pentium 4 2.4ghz
                        Yeah, thats not the speed, thats just info about your CPU. Under my Properties tab, I have 2.6Ghz First(Retail Speed) and then underneath it I have 3.0Ghz(which would be the overclocked speed.: peace2:

Comment

YAY got it working ( THANKS ) now for another question can someone suggest me a program that deplays cpu temps ?..thanks again:cheers:

Comment

Motherboard Monitor 5

Comment

anything other then that program??

Comment

Working...
                              X