Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official stats of my 2600+ barton are in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok i just installed my new smartfan 2... i think it's gonna take my load temps down about 12-14C... it's at test2 right now of prime95, settings are still 2volts, 210mhz bus, 2425mhz running speed, and it's at 50C, usually it gets about 2 or 3 more degrees as it goes to test 3 and 4, but there was no jump from test 1 to test 2 as there usually is, so i got a big grin on my face right now...

damn, the only problem that i almost gotta get fixed now is the RAM... though really, with the 8rda3+ having this problem of skipping sound when you type, it's prolly the first thing i should get replaced...

Comment

No matter the temps, at 2v the CPU wont last too long, maybe a year

Comment

Oh yeah?

I'll upgrade when this one dies.

Comment

Do you really need to be pumping 2 volts into the proc for just that little bit of an increase. Most 2500+'s can get to 200 on stock voltage. I'd see if you can turn it down a bit now that you have better cooling.

Comment

Yeah, I'm ahead of you, but until now I didn't wanna do any fine-tuning to it... 1.95 volts was OK, 1.9 was not, 1.925 seems to be the sweet spot, hasn't failed out yet, waiting to see...

Comment

1.925 stable.

Comment

personally i would lower the speeds in order to prolong the hardware's life longer. sacrificing a little speed to keep your system alive is worth it in the end (not to mention the cash you would save)

Comment

Working...
                X