X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pushing to far?

How far is it possible to push a 1900 athonxp palmino , wiv decnet cooling

{1900 = 1.61 ghz}

its now clocked @ 1.67 ghz and registering as a 2000 xp an runing about 49 -52 :flames: i reckon it could go higher yet this is my first over clock an i dont wanna burn it out

alan : peace:

Most will make it to an XP2100+ rating though some get to XP2200+ (a few can go a touch further) but what is room temp when ya get that temp that ya quote us and is that under full load, part or idle? :?:

Comment

Palomino's are pretty tough. Tend to be stable upwards of 60C and will get unstable (which will stop you going hotter) before you have to worry about damage.

Comment

right i ran it @ 1.69 an things started 2 lock an i got a blue screen of death yet the temp was only 55
        do i hav do sum @ 2 the ram or any thin as ive left this as it stands yet my main board gives me the voltage settings 2 play wiv,

note my ram has no extra kooling

alan {as 4 room temp im not sure yet im near liverpool so brittish weather}

Thanks guys
        : peace: alan

Comment

Originally posted by alanmuvo
          right i ran it @ 1.69 an things started 2 lock an i got a blue screen of death yet the temp was only 55
          do i hav do sum @ 2 the ram or any thin as ive left this as it stands yet my main board gives me the voltage settings 2 play wiv,

note my ram has no extra kooling

alan {as 4 room temp im not sure yet im near liverpool so brittish weather}

Thanks guys
          : peace: alan
          on what operating system? if xp get worried, if on 98 rock on :devil win

oh yest pump ur voltage up

Comment

Originally posted by aZe^
            on what operating system? if xp get worried, if on 98 rock on :devil win

oh yest pump ur voltage up
            Holy hell dude, you have got to be kidding me...WTF????

Comment

xp pro, an 2000 does as well {dual boot} yet will uping the ram make any diffrence 2 this or do i have 2 increace every thin 2 squeez all the juice out my current chip,

Also will upping the agp voltage from 1.6 to 1.7 do any good

thanks

: peace:

Comment

AGP voltage is only to the slot and the pins of the card, not the GPU itself.

Comment

smell that smell, that plastic smell? I love the smell of pcb in the morning. yesterday i powered up my rig but didn't even see 1 stinkin' P.O.S.T. character, but that smell, smells like money.

this things gonna fry someday.

Comment

I got my 2000+ up to 2600+ and I had nice temps. 35 idle 39-49 full load. Seti crunching all day. I bet there was more room but I didn't bother taking it further as the geforce 2 was holidng it back some what. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Neil2094
                      I got my 2000+ up to 2600+ and I had nice temps. 35 idle 39-49 full load. Seti crunching all day. I bet there was more room but I didn't bother taking it further as the geforce 2 was holidng it back some what. :laugh:
                      Is that 2000+ a Pally or a T'bred A or B though? :?:

Comment

Um whoops yeah sorry I think its a T-Bred B

Comment

Originally posted by Neil2094
                          Um whoops yeah sorry I think its a T-Bred B
                          I thought as much.
                          Originally posted by alanmuvo
                          wiv decnet cooling
                          What case and HSF are ya usin'? :?:

Comment

Working...