How To Overclock Using MSI K7N2G-L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z-Blade
    Ok... I just update my BIOS to the the latest one (v3.5) and I my cpu temp is running at 30C. Now how good is that on the standard AMD HSF!!
    Looks to me like the new bios is buggy. 30C on athe stcok cooler is not right at all. That must be your case temp, possibly the got the CPU and Case Temp sensors mixed up

Comment

Yeah probably because I find that too low as well.. But it might be right... hard to say because my case temp is also 30C but when I was checking the temp for my cpu it was 4C that night.

I am a bit pissed how that the board is full of bugs :mad:. I just feel like shooting the dam thing

Comment

Well......it cannot be right..

My case temp is 28C, with a CPU temp of 40C, and thats with a slight OC, and an all copper cooler and a beefy fan on it

Comment

I just got my Vocano 7 with the ducting mod so when msi does fixes the multipliers and also the temperature setting i can finally do some good OCing on my ****ty moded case.:flames:

Comment

did you get the 7, or 7+?

Comment

I got the vocano 7+. I heard it was the best one to get.:thumb:

Comment

Yup.....thats the good one :thumb:

Comment

Yeah Cool:afro:

I did not buy the wrong one....:thumb:

Comment

ehe... i just blew my MSI K7n2-L.. I was being stupid and set the multiplier to 12.5 and the FSB to 200 when my memory was rated at 333. damn mobo wouldn't boot.. did it before but was ok after a cmos/clear. this time, mobo iz dead?

just ordered a A7N8X, should be a good replacement..

Comment

dam... that is not good.. I think you went a bit overboard.. The MSI MB is good apart from it is full of buggs in the BIOS

Comment

Originally posted by Z-Blade
                        dam... that is not good.. I think you went a bit overboard.. The MSI MB is good apart from it is full of buggs in the BIOS
                        Hi all ,

Just my 2 pence worth ..I`ve been into Oc`ing for about 6 months now , and previously had an MSI KT333 then an MSI KT4V-L . I encountered major problems with the KT4V when trying to run my Barton 2500+ at 200 FSB ..because that board ( and other MSI boards , correct me if I`m mistaken ! ) do not have locked AGP etc bus speeds . I sold the board and switched to an Epox one , based on advice from here and a few other sites. And presto ! FSB 200 with ease, now have my CPU and RAM in sync.

MSI have good boards with pretty good support and a lot of features , but have limitations for overclocking . Tukkinam I hear good things about your new board , let us know how u get on :woot:

Ciao ,

Gerry

Comment

My MSI 6330 Ver5 wouldn't recognise the XP2400+ untill I updated the AWARD BIOS from 3.35 to 3.36, and the blow in fan and heatsink were standard units, and never changed, and the System Status and First POST screen would show the CPU as Unknown, 1.5Ghz ..... Overclocking was a definate no no untill the BIOS was updated also, and was then readily able via the BIOS to run the following settings 1.85V, FSB 167Mhz, DDRSDRAM 512, multiplier at 12.5 ..... I can't recall what tha actual figure came up to, but was up around 2.2G ..... BTW, this is on an old ( Now, 2001 ) VIA 133a Chipset, and AMD's own 761s can't run this CPU at standard rate, not even to first Post .....

Temps in the standard settings, were, Ambient temp 28degC, CPU 37degC, which showed up in system status, but with CPU showing up at 43degC, Ambient still read 28C, via Digi Doc 5, and where I have my Temp Lead, is sitting under the clamp seat to the heatsink right on top on the CPU Die ..... These CPU temps, were only up by 4 - 5degC when overclocked, that is 47 - 48degC and was flying Flightsim 2002 with upgraded Secnery files, and the speed locked at 30fps and all scenery and ancillary settings maxed out with no flaws, bar a bit of antistropic filterring ( Buildings leaning out on outer edges of the screen, at least I think that's the cause ), from the ATi 8500, but had no lock ups, and on first runs, couldn't ask for more than that !!!!!

Great thing about flying a desktop, is that CASA can't touch Ya !!!! HIC HIC :cheers:

Comment

Working...
                          X