Asus Ti 4600 Driver Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Ti 4600 Driver Problem

I've looked around the forums but haven't found an answer so... for like the last 4 months or so my computer's been hanging in the middle of games for liek 20 secs and then resuming - really really really bad in UT2003. Nyways so i formatted and decided to install the asus drivers (have an asus card) instead of nvidia's. These give horrible device failure errors w/ both 3dmark2003 and Unreal 2. I also re-tried the nvidia drivers and a set of older asus drivers. Nothing works, the games/3dmark2003 either hang or crash. It doesn't make sense cuz my system specs (p4 2ghz ti 4600 512 RIMM etc) aren't bad so :s as of now, i've reached a point where i'm about to go like --> sooo any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

btw i'm using Dx 9

An exakt system spec would help alot..

Are you monitoring your system temps..?
    If so what are your readings..:?: (Check bios)

Stay away from your Asus driver that came with the card and use detonator 41.09 or 42.68

:cheers:

Comment

p4 2 gig
      512 rimm
      ti 4600
      2 maxtor 60 gigs 7200rpm
      audigy gamer
      intel d850mv mb
      dx9
      winxp

i have all the windows updates (like sp1a etc) and i've tried 41.09 and they didn't help at all, same old problems as pre-formatting... and it's just a basic tower etc but i checked with intel active monitor everythings in the green. my worst fear is it's a hardware problem but if that's the case, i do have a warrenty, so... nyways thnx so far

the link for 42.68 drivers from the benchmarks thread is dead --> the mirrors don't work, so can't try that :s

Comment

Try and remove dx9 from your system ;)

Btw, does this occour without sp1 installed..:?:

Comment

i'm on win2k, so far the same problems, i've tried dif drivers, and so far the most successful one is the 42.68, trying out dx9, so far i get a hang every lil while but it's nothing too serious right now, i'm sure w/ a lil bit of tweaking i can fix everything,

argh n/m just did 3d mark2003! got 301!!!! wtf! cuz lookin at everyone elses specs i know it should be at least 1000 higher! hmm anyone have any advice?

thnx

Comment

just a thought --> could it be due to lack of power? cuz i have 2 hd, and 2 cd roms in here, plus sound card, network adapter, floppy, mb, all those fun lil leds etc...

Comment

That could be a posibility so what PSU do ya have and what's it's rating (if it's a good one it should also show on it what the total combined wattage of the 3.3v & 5v rails is and though not as critical with Intel setups can ya give us this value if it's there as well). ;)
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thanx for everyone's help, problem solved --> it was the heating... my temp was hovering around 32 celsius (checked w/ intel active monitor) and so i popped it open and ran a house fan by the computer to cool it down to 22, then ran 3dmark to a smooth 1572, so not bad from 300 :D

thnx tweaker and wiggo

Comment

I'm experiencing somewhat the same porblem. It has only crashed U2 once; but 32c is too hot?:confused: Guess I'm gonna have to figure out some better cooling if 32c is too hot.:steam:

Comment

No 32c is not to hot, it must be a misreading from the mobo.
                    The actual temp was probably 70+ if it caused this problems..

:cheers:

Comment

hahaha if 32c is too hot than everybody on here is gunna have a bunch of problems.... :spam:

Comment

Intel Active Monitor is definitely a little screwy, it said my cpu temps were like 37 at idle, when i bought a lian li lcd temp sensor its really like 28:thumb: . Stupid crappy software temperature monitors :snip:

Comment

Working...
                        X