Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA ac '97 driver missing

Dude,

I need the VIA AC'97 driver, i accidentally deleted mine. I have looked all over with no luck. Thanks.

Re: VIA ac '97 driver missing

Without info on what O/S you have or your chipset it would be a little tough to recommend a driver. I would think that if you start on this page : http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx...5&ArticleID=77 and follow the links you should have the problem solved.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Thx so much dude, i am using w xp sp 2 the chipset is pci, it is a card though and the page ( ive been there before) is for integrated sound thx. i installed the driver but i dont know what to do next please help!!!!!!
      `
      ````````````
      dell dimension 2400 intel celeron 2.4 ghz single core 1 gig ram (ddr) 256 mb pci ATi radeon 9250, and some more junk, overall i should upgrade.
      Last edited by orangutang91; 06-05-2006, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Go to the Dell website. Under support you should be able to find an area that asks you to enter the service code (or some such number) that is located on the back of the PC. This lets the Dell database know exactly what you have and from there you can grab the link for any and all necessary drivers for your machine.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Thanks man, you're awesome! But I need to know what to do with the card driver after I install it (I already have).
          Last edited by orangutang91; 06-06-2006, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I hate to bring this thread back up, but I still am having trouble finding the driver for my pci card.

Comment

If you install the driver you restart and it's fixed.

Anyway, specific PCI card? Kind of vague, since about anything comes in PCI.

Comment

It is a cheapo VIA AC'97 7.1 sound card. I deleted the driver on accident, I need to know where to get it.

Comment

So there is no name brand on this sound card? Take the card out and look at the model number. Then google it and look for drivers matching the model number. This is the reason i motherboard with 7.1 high quality sound built in onboard. lol

Comment

Ya lol
                    thanks a ton

Comment

The brand is VIA, I have scoured the website with no results(ViaArena.com)
                      I accidentally deleted the driver and I need a new one

Comment

What happened to the original driver you installed? Or is this what came in your Dell? If it came in your Dell, go to their website and find your computer and they will have the driver for download. After you download it, you double click the icon that says soandso.exe and click next a couple of times, after that, when it asks you to reboot, you click yes, and then reboot, and you have sound.

Comment

Actually I have sound, i am using my mobo's 2.1 sound system at the moment. This card was purchaesd from Best Buy in mid-october. I accidentally deeleted the driver.

Comment

Oh good god. What about the driver disc that came with the card? Thats what you need to use.

Also...you don't just delete drivers by accident.

Comment

Working...
                            X