Please solve my problem of LOW FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please solve my problem of LOW FPS

hi, my major problem is low fps in cs1.6 . I did everything... typed lots off commands in console and sent the latest drivers ( i quess ) but fps stayed at 25 - 35 :(~ . here is my computer specs ->
    cpu - 600 , Hdd - 20gb , VGA - Voodoo3 , Ram - 320 .
    I think this will help you to solve my problem ;)

Re: Please solve my problem of LOW FPS

Sounds like that its time for a brand new PC.

Comment

But there is nothing what i can tweak for like 20 more fps ? yes i will buy a new pc, but only after 1 month ...

Comment

Sorry dude. I'm usually the one who stands up for people who own older machines but you just can't expect to improve framerates too much with that machine. 20 more FPS? Guess you could try a lower resolution....
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I'd say CS would be fine on at that system, but resolution does matter, and the fact that you're running 1.6 doesn't help.

Comment

Another thought ... have you checked for viruses and spyware/adware?
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Yawgm0th , i play at resolution 640x480 , 16bit, that's the lowest . I mean, is there any programs that makes pc run faster ? And is there something i can do with my drivers or vga ?

Comment

1 more question, tell me exact details, how should i install new drivers .

Comment

Installing software that says it will boost performace usually does the opposite, just because it's taking up resources. Check your processes and close all the ones that you aren't using. Go into msconfig and from the services and startup tabs stop all the ones you don't need. That's helped me a good deal on slower machines. Installing new drivers is just running the exe that you download. You should be able to get the latest drivers for you Voodoo on Voodoofiles.com. I wouldn't recommend overclocking anything though, unless you have good cooling to your cpu. What version of Windows do you run also? If you're running XP, you probably shouldn't. Even 2000 is pushing it. You would get the best performance running 98SE.

Comment

Originally posted by sEnt
                    1 more question, tell me exact details, how should i install new drivers .
                    Go to add/remove programs. Uninstall the old drivers. Restart. Install the new ones. Restart.

Comment

i am running an I850 intel motherboard 2.4 ghz processor 1 gig of rdram memory x700 radion graphics card and an audigy 2z sound card and am running from 20 fps up to 70 very disapointing and would like some help

Comment

Originally posted by RWREBEL
                        am running from 20 fps up to 70 very disapointing and would like some help
                        That sounds normal... Though 20 is a bit low I'm sure your average is higher.

But what game are you talking about and what settings are you playing it on?

Comment

Originally posted by sEnt
                          But there is nothing what i can tweak for like 20 more fps ? yes i will buy a new pc, but only after 1 month ...
                          The only thing that will make that hardware faster is to overclock the cpu and gpu. This may get you a few frames but that is all, dont expect a miracle.

I once got a celeron700 to run @75fsb instead of the rated 66fsb, making it 788mhz and also bumped the r7000 64mb by about 20% for the mem and core asyncronus. This gave a 3dmark 01 score of 1250 instead of the stock 925(a 35% increase)

That was a long time ago.
                          Last edited by maximus7001; 11-04-2005, 06:40 AM.
                          athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
                          tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
                          asus a7n8xe-dlx
                          thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
                          bfg 6800gt
                          seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
                          samsung dvdrw
                          2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
                          logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
                          2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
                          creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
                          mushkin 550w