No announcement yet.

How loud are water cooling solutions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How loud are water cooling solutions ?

How loud are current water cooling solutions ?
    ie: the Koolance EXOS ! It has 3 80mm fans on top of unit.
    So my question is... How many dB are we looking at ?
    Any other solutions you would recommend ? How loud are they ?
    SPAM Special Ops

If you want true quiet, then look into some of the phase changing gear that is available. Not only will it give you below zero temperatures, but they are normally very quiet. Of course, you'll be paying through the nose for one of these monsters.

As to the water sloutions, they are usually a bit quieter than normal air cooling rigs, but since I don't have one installed at the moment, I can't really compare just how much more quiet they are. Check into some reviews and see what they have to say. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I've read a bunch of reviews, yet no mention of the dB levels..in any of the reviews...:?: Oh and YEAH !!! I'd LOVE a VapoChill !!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

The Prometeia is by far better than the VapoChill but generally with liquid cooling the less fluid used the more noise created.

Comment

If I had the cash...I'd have to drive for about 5 minutes to PC Info Computers in order to pick up a nice ol' VapoChill case...(easy access)
          SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Be warned that the Vapochill does have a prob with regard to damagin' CPU's like in this review, http://www.amdzone.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1232 plus the Prometeia is an even cooler solution (and not top heavy).

Comment

Good point(s) !!!
              thx for the info...
              SPAM Special Ops

Comment

www.aquastealth.com has some nice cheap basic kits. I hear they work well too.

Comment

Working...
                X