No announcement yet.

Cooling Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you man, I think you will find it alot more useful...

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbugger
      I've never been one to use cooling utilities much but I just tried a very elegant one I downloaded from MajorGeeks.com. Its called VCool and it works superbly.....Download is only 28K and once installed I enabled the idle loop...dropped the idle temps by 7C....Doesn't seem to have any impact on perormance as my Sandra scores stayed the same...

Anyway MajorGeeks has some really good utils..

http://www.majorgeeks.com/

Just tried to get that utility but they don't list the Via k7t266 chipset as one that it will work with..

I don't understand why I can't get my load temp below 47, I am using the Dargon Orb 3 7000 RPM copper base Fan plus another rear mounted exhaust case fan... Although 47 isn't in the danger zone I would sure like to get down around 42 on load, any suggestions??

XP 1700+, MSI K7T266 Pro2 Mother, Nvidia Geoforce2/TI 64 Vidoe, Seagate 40GIG 7000RPM HD

Websourcer

Comment

Just tried to get that utility but they don't list the Via k7t266 chipset as one that it will work with..

I don't understand why I can't get my load temp below 47, I am using the Dargon Orb 3 7000 RPM copper base Fan plus another rear mounted exhaust case fan... Although 47 isn't in the danger zone I would sure like to get down around 42 on load, any suggestions??

XP 1700+, MSI K7T266 Pro2 Mother, Nvidia Geoforce2/TI 64 Vidoe, Seagate 40GIG 7000RPM HD

Websourcer

Comment

You should try adding an intake case fan which most cases have a position for at the lower front of the case. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
          X