X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does size matter?
    (pardonthepun)

Comment

Usually bigger fans are a little more quiet and produce more cfm's, but you will need fans that fit the stock mounting of your case, unless you plan on cutting your own holes. You will be fine installing one 80mm fan in each location that minibubba circled. You may want to also install a fan in the top of your case to expel the hot air that gathers up there. The stock Intel hsf cools very well for stock, but a Volcano 7 will do a little better. Also, had you made any changes to your PC around 4 months ago when the problem started?

Minibubba - I wouldn't recognize an AMD hsf because most people have Volcano 7's on them.

Comment

mrfin, you had better change that to say "7+" the v7 wasn't too good. And to be honest I don't know what a stock amd hsf would look like either, I always buy OEM :)

like he said, you will need to get fans to fit those spots unless you want to start modding your case. From the looks of it, I would say those are made for 80mm fans.

Comment

Yup 80mm fans..no doubt...

V7+ would be great or nine for that matter. To tell the truth both of those HSF's are are going for 28 bucks at newegg. I perfer the 7+.:blowkiss:
          - Damien

Comment

Sorry. I did mean 7+.

Comment

'k guys thnx sooo much for everything, i've sorted it all out, all i could pick up was to 80mm, (still under the control of the parents)... but everythings running excellent, if not a touch louder but meh turn up the speakers :P

lol thnx guys

Comment

Working...
              X