XP2100 - SETI Temps ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP2100 - SETI Temps ?

Okay folks - I'm peaking at around 48C with SETI - but is it actually pegging my proc at 100% ?

What are people seeing for XP2100/2200 temps with SETI ?

My XP2200+ @ 1900MHz atm w/ SETI running in a room temp of 28C is gettin' a system temp of 32C and CPU temp of 46C w/ Volcano 7+ on medium speed plus all the PC's here that are runnin' SETI all show 100% CPU usuage. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I'm seeing between 46-49C... if things heat up in the house, it'll reach 50C.

Idling is still at 43-44 :(

Comment

What room temps are we talkin' about while ya gettin' these PC temps? :?:

Comment

Room is ~ 22C, with case temps coming in around 25C or so.

Comment

Nothin' wrong there then if acurate (this is Asus that we're talkin' about) but have ya checked that ya have the clip for the HSF around the right way and that the contact point is directly over the core as this is a common mistake to make?. :?:

Comment

Yep - actually checked that when I installed the HSF... nothing in the documentation about it, but caught it before it went on.

I moved the fan on my 'cardboard side panel' up to share air between the AGP and the proc/drives... I'm now idling @ 42C, with SETI peaks at 46C.

Greg.

Comment

It's very likely that the Asus sensors are reportin' a higher temp as is usual for them to do. ;)

Comment

Then I'm in good shape

BTW - I'm noticing that SETI pegs the box at 100%, but prime95 seems to yield slightly higher temperatures.. and CPUburnCPUBurn seems to kick the %$#% out of the proc...

Anybody know what cpuburn is doing to stress the box like that ?

Comment

my xp2100+ is around 40*C/100*F full load with slk-800 and smart fan 2

Comment

Those Temps sound fine but it would be so much better to include the room temp as well for a true comparison. ;)

Atm it's 46C outside and 43C upstairs so SETI was turned off as well as Thunder plus I'm debuin' now whether or not to turn the server off as well (now how much was a Prometeia again? :?: )

But at least the 3 PC's down here are still crunchin' away in a more comfortable 33C. :D

Comment

Well for comparisons sake room temp is 15.6, interior case temp is 25.9, system temp is 29 and the cpu temp is 34. I have noticed that others with the MSI boards are also reporting temps that seem high. If I take the case sides off I see a copule of deg. drop in temp but I am comfortable with the temps that I get. I dont want to install higher speed fans to cool the case as its loud enough right now with the 8000 rpm fan on the cpu. I plan to install some in the near future just for the heck of it and see how much louder it gets. hope this helps you out!

Comment

I have a XP 2100+ with a Volcano 7+. My normal temp. is around 33C, and when I am decoding about 5 Mpeg files @ 700MB each, my temp is 44C to 46C. I also re-wired my fans in my case, so now when my computer is on, it feels like a hericane in there.

Oh, any luck overclocking the XP2100+? my max is 1924MHz, but still not very stable at times...
                          Later.

Comment

Working...
                          X