amd temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems like pretty good temps my man!

I dont remember what my 2100+ did at stock speed with my Coolermaster, but i doubt it was that good.

Overclocking is a risk...and the diffrence in performace is pretty damn minimal is real world application, but then what would i do with my time????

I suppose i should get a haircut and get a real job.

Imadude: peace:

Comment

imadude please read this thread, http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...;threadid=7273, even if ya've already been there please read it again thoroughly. : peace2:

<center> </center>

Comment

Read the thread, and I guess I didn't elaborate on the details. Besides the CPU cooler, I run a PCI slot cooler near the bottom of the case, I have an 80mm fan at back and center near my GeForce4 Ti4600 card(just for the extra air movement across it), I installed the RAM cooling plates with the fan attached to it, I also run a dual fan box that takes up one Drive Bay, it is at the top and blows all collected hot air from the top of the tower straight out the front(this is one cooler I recommend everyone get), the harddrive has its own bay with dual fans running cool air over it, and the Power supply is a 500 watt Dual-fan. I figured the one thing that nails your system is heat, so I really tried to do my best to keep it ventilated, although I am not yet sastisfied with the config yet. Some day I suppose I will figure out what is needed for optimum cooling power. Water cooling.....now there's a whole different subject.

Drak OUT.

Comment

Forgot to mention, I just purchased the round IDE cables, and they are quite a set-up. Air restriction to a minimum is exactly the way to describe it. With all the ventilators that are running in my tower, the only ones that blow "in" are the Harddrive fans. There are side vents, but most of the cooler air is drawn in from the bottom front of the case. And since it's near the floor, its about the coolest air I can afford.

Comment

My XP 2400+ right now i overclocked to about 2250 Mhz...15x multiplier and 162 FSB....my temps idle at 40C...and at full load up to about 45-47

Comment

Nice temps there Hhseouljah. :thumb:

Comment

I'm running an AthlonXp 1900 and am seeing very low temps which mkaes me very skeptical.

My CPU runs at 22C under low load and up 28 under stress. The MB runs at 32-36C.

I have a volcano 9, one Thermaltake 80mm 3200RPm fan at the front, though im unsure of the CFM on it, a 60mm on the rear that i stole out of an old apple Macintosh SE and an 80MM fan running out the back over the PCI cards, the same fan as the front case fan. I also have an enermax PS with two fans in it.

I've been screwing around with fan placement and have and have decided that my ideal setup is to have the front case fan as an inlet, the 60mm rear fan as an inlet bringing cool air to the volcano 9 as it blows air on the heatsink, not sucking. The fan over the pci cards is used as an outlet and the fans in the PS are also outlets.

Any idea if these temps are a little off, or am I just lucky.

Cheers.

Comment

What software are ya usin' to monitor them as those temps maybe readin' arse about face? :?:
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

theres an asus ap that cmae with my a7v8x, and the temps also correspond to the bios give or take a couple degrees.

Comment

Ahhh... I see the light now.... hallulla :D

Sorry but Asus are known for their very wacky hardware monitoring so I would take those readin's and toss them. :(

The only way that you can accurately measure your temps is with a hardware temp probe like a CompuNurse (there are other models) to something as extravigent as the DigiDoc5 (I have the 8 sensor/monitor model in Thunder, see sig). :)
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I would always assume that the sensors are a bit off.

What kind of error rate is there on the software sensors?

Where do the sensors methioned mount?

Thanks.

Comment

With Asus, who knows as they vary wildly. :mad:

This pic may be better than words. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by imadude
                            With a Coolermaster HHC-001 i can get abour 44c idle and highest at about 50c. it sounds like a jet, but i can get it to a stable 1.90Ghz at these temps.
                            how do you get your xp2100 to 1.9ghz? i have mine at 1861 MHz but i'd like to push it a little more - i have the HHC-001 and i run 40 idle and about 47 under full load. i'm running it at 1.85v to try to get it more stable. i couldn't get it to be stable overall with anything higher than 1.86ghz...

Comment

Drakyn,
                              Those temps you mentioned CPU 39C & MOBO 34C are those reported from within the bios or are you using a something like Motherboard Monitor?

Al

Comment

I've got my XP 1600+ at 1750MHZ, 40 idle, 48 Load. That is almost equivalent to a 2000+, but at 167MHz FSB! Unfortunately I am at work and can't remember any results, but I know that it makes a huge diff in UT2003, like 10-15FPS!!

Comment

Working...
                                X