No announcement yet.

Temp seems too high.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On normal load situation I am getting about 40-42 C. I am wondering if this okay or should it be lower. I am using artic silver and I made sure the bending part of the heatsink connector is over the core. Is there anything else that I can do to lower the temps, or should I not worry about it?

hmmm, not sure if this is good or not. See below for system specs.

EDIT* Well I ran PCMark2002 and my computer never went above 44C...let me know what you guys think.

Comment

Looks fine to me. ;)

What case did ya get? :?:

Comment

lian li, the one in my signature.

Comment

saidin, what fan setting for the volcano7+ ??
          I'm getting 46c cpu / 32c system temps...(medium setting)
          I can get the cpu down to 42c if I put the volcano7+ on "high", but it's too loud.
          I have reapplied the Arctic Silver 3...I was getting ~52c (cpu) before.(medium).
          Think I could get the temp lower if I apply a thinner coat of AS3 ?? Kinda worried about applying too thin of a coat.
          I'm using the Gigabyte software, tried MBM5, got the same temps.
          See signature for specs. Case has all 5 80mm fans installed.

Edit:Is the Volcano7+ fan supposed to blow air onto the heatsink or suck the air out ???
          SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
            The Volcano series HSF units all blow air down onto the heatsink.
            Gotcha....
            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Asus are known to show inaccurate temp readings
              XP Palomino cores run hott, very hott

I had a 1600+ (hellfire has it now) and it ran at 40degs idle and 45 under load, with ambient ranging from 25-30degs using a dragon orb 3

upgraded board + chip + ram to a 2100+ and the chip runs at around 50degs idle, 55 underload same ambients, same hs

I have attached a pic from tomshardware to show the power output of the different amd cores, that is reason enough to explain why some chips are hotter than others

Comment

so on this chart higher number is better?????:snip:

Comment

I don't think sooo...
                  SPAM Special Ops

Comment

on that graph, it shows the heat the the chips throws out for us to cool.

The green ones are the XP 1500+ to 2100+

higher heat dissipation = higher chip temps

thats why they changed from the .18 to the .13 core and made the die bigger so that more heat can be caught to cool down

anyways, im tired :P you can read up on it if ya like :)

Comment

OK...I have a question....

In the Gigabyte temp utility, it says
                      cpu temp:47c
                      system temp:32c

How does it measure the system temp ???
                      Because I just used a digital thermometer and I get 25c behind my hard drives and 28c at the top of my case.
                      I trust my Omega HH12

So. Is that "system " temp reading actually the PSU temp ? Or would the mobo have some other sensor somewhere ?
                      Where should I take my readings ?

P.S. Ambient room temp is 22c
                      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

i have no idea where the diodes are id have to look, but im guessing its near the chip.

case temp is different to board temp..

PSU is a hott customer, im going to have to invest in some diodes me thinks :P

just to see what the temps are around my pc

Comment

Yes they are warm customers but Dragon Orbs just don't cut it with the big boys (though they do with noise), try a Volcano 7+ and give your ears and cpu a break. Also a DigitalDoc5 will monitor up to 8 temp diodes and 8 fans (works well for me). ;)
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                            Yes they are warm customers but Dragon Orbs just don't cut it with the big boys (though they do with noise), try a Volcano 7+ and give your ears and cpu a break. Also a DigitalDoc5 will monitor up to 8 temp diodes and 8 fans (works well for me). ;)
                            yeah i went and bought myself a Thermaltake Volcano 9 CoolMod , still waiting for it in the mail tho :P

only other place i thought i could buy one is down at my dads in Toongabbie, but the lil guys in the computer shop there have no idea.

the 2100+ will be out the door soon, once 2800+'s on the 333mhz core come along im not upgrading, or it will be a waste

and i think by then, ill have a different cooling sollution like water cooling or phase changing :D

ill keep my eyes open at MPU , shifty might be selling some coolers, neva know

Comment

Yes some good stuff gets moved at those events at the Parramatta Masonic Club (my eldest son use to work there). ;)

I get a lot of my stuff from North Rocks Computer Markets (every Sunday @ Westfield Nth.Rocks) but www.pcmarket.com.au is where I get the "harder to get" stuff from mostly. :thumb:

Comment

yeah i had a poke around there, very usefull

say you want a cpu, it gives a list of mobos that support the chip, takes alot of the hunting out of it where the fun is, but if your a newbie, it helps alot

Comment

Working...
                                X