No announcement yet.

Temp seems too high.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies - I am using the Asus A7V8X KT400 motherboard, and using their monitor. I tried using Motherboard Monitor, but it doesn't support my board. It wouild not give me any results. The Asus is one of the few boards I've seen that supports the diode temp reading. What program should I use to read the temperatures?

Comment

Did you configure Motherboard Monitor 1st? Because that's exactly what happens with it if ya don't. ;)

Also are both front case fans suckin' air into the case with the rear fans blowing out and if you have any side or top fans then are the side ones sucking in while the top one blows out? If they're doin' anything but what I just asked then which ever one(s) don't blow that way then reverse the fan(s) in question. :)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I have not tried this program. But I read in a different forum this proggy was a good mobo monitor. check it out, and let me know what you think....I am going to try it once I get my new computer up and running again!

Mobo Moinotr 5

:cool:

Comment

I will try it out when I get my new computer together as well.

Comment

I've been using MBM5 for over 4yrs now and find it to be very accurate (if the sensor works properly). Also just havin' the temps displayed in the toolbar is handy. ;)

The pic below is from my K6-3+ and it's air temp sensor is out as it's presently 36c here again today and it hasn't hit 11am yet. :eek:

Comment

hehe, that is nice. I look forward to using that program once I get me mobo back (yes I am talking like popee now!). hehe

Comment

And here's a shot of the dashboard which contains the rest of the information. Some mobo's will have more sensors which will fill more of the blank areas but each fan or temp reading must be set to a sensor first for it all to work. ;)

Comment

This is the control panel where you match a MBM5 sensor to mobo one. ;)

Comment

That looks liek a pretty nice program there Wiggo :thumb:

Comment

Yes, I configured it, read through the help file, and discovered it did not support my motherboard. Besides not being in the list of supported motherboards, there is a section that says "run system info (in MBM5), look ____. If it says 'nothing' then your motherboard is not supported and MBM5 will not work."

When I try to select a sensor from the sensor list, it is empty - just says "none" and "custom" (and custom didn't do anything I could see.) So, is there anything else I can use?

Comment

In reference to the fan directions:

I have 5 external fans. The front two are blowing air into the case, over the side-mounted hard drives. The fan on top is blowing air out of the case. The powersupply fan in back is blowing air out, of course, and the fan below it is blowing air in.

Before you condemn this setup, let me tell you the function of the rear intake fan. There is a fan on the bottom of the power supply to suck air out of the bottom area of the case and blow it out the back. This way, there is a circular airflow specifically for the processor - blowing in directly over the processor from the rear fan, being pulled up by the heatsink's internal fan and then out of the case by the heatsinks exhaust fan.

For the sake of investigation, though, I did reverse the direction of the rear fan when I first put the machine together. As soon as my temperatures went over the original highest readings, though, I shut it down and put the fan back in its original direction. It seems to work best in this configuration.

Comment

You may want to look at this then as it's about the only way left, http://www.dansdata.com/t3s.htm ;)

Comment

That looks pretty cool. I really would like to get the correct readings off the diode in the chip, though, instead of installing more thermistors. The consensus is that the Asus probe is reading it incorrectly? (On purpose to dissuade overclocking?) Has anyone run Asus Probe and MBM5 on an older board at the same time and seen different readings? Wouldn't this mean that Asus was actually purposely giving incorrect readings? I mean, how hard is it to grab a number out of a register and display it?

Does anyone know of any 3rd party alternatives to Asus Probe that support the A7V8X board? I would definitely like to test this out.

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Older boards that support both 99% of the time has MBM5 showing lower temps. The KT400 chipset is really new atm so MBM5 will be updated soon enough to be able to communicate with them. There are a couple of other programs out there but I've no links to them atm though they to maybe in the same boat with your board too. ;)

Comment

Hey,

Just wanted to let you know about another good piece of software.
                                Aida32

It was able to read my sensor and had all the info about my motherboard. Unfortunatley, it's reporting approximately the same temperature as the PC Probe software. It's a little lower, but I think that it might just be more precise, and doing less rounding. The difference is never more than 1 degree C.

It's amusing that sometimes the PC Probe can't get a reading now because Aida is polling constantly, and starts giving me an alarm.

Anyway, it doens't seem like there is malicious tampering of the readings by Asus. However accurate the reading is, it's what is on the diode.

Comment

Working...
                                X