No announcement yet.

Why you need more case fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:D I can see it now. A separate 800 watt power supply just for the fans.

Comment

Speaking of psu's, what kind of psu do you have SegiY ?
      And, if I were to install, say, 5-7 case fans, what size psu would I need ?
      At what point does "cooling upgrade" require a larger psu ?
      :rolleyes2
      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

segiy can you put a pic of your case up

Comment

Master E It depends on the power draw of the fans in question. You need to look at the specs to see how much power each of them draw. A good reason to have the largest possible PS to cover all possibilities.

Comment

Ok, I'm game.. heh

Reason #10

Replace that wimpy gas engine on your airboat.

Comment

I have the 450W dual fan :p codgen PSU, my 12V holds stable and it was only $79AU :D

Almost got enough motivation last night to take pics, then realised i was going to have to plug the cammera in and download the pics, I WILL do it! NEXT WEEK I promise.

I also have to tidy up my cables, had a full rebuild the other week and must tidy cables, they are still tidy in comparison to normal, it's just i have to compensate for my flat .:p

Comment

:cool: That is a 'lot' of work there SegiY. A beer or two might help. :cheers:

Comment

Dr. Pete ...
                  Do you just "add up" all the power draw of the fans ?
                  Ahh, you know what, it's too much work, I'll just get a 400+ Watt puppy...:D
                  SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Well, The absolute most outrageous fan I have ever seen was a 15 watter. And that was a 120mm with over 80CFM. My point is this, the average 80mm fan only uses 2-4 watts, which means, you can't really add too many fans. So don't pick a power supply to power fans.

An overclocked Athlon however can consume of 100 watts, alone, and throw in a beasty vid card and you are up to 150 already.

Comment

:cool: You might have a problem with 15 10+ watt fans. 15 at 2 watts shouldn't be a problem unless you started close to the limit.

Comment

well
                        if your a cool person, ya gonna need a "cool" case!
                        hehe :P

Comment

Originally posted by wisie
                          well
                          if your a cool person, ya gonna need a "cool" case!
                          hehe :P
                          ya, i'll be getting an antec 800 series case very soon.
                          i'm debating getting an antec sx800var w/ an enermax 300w or 350w psu .... OR an antec plus860 or plus880 w/ the truepower psu that it'll come with.. hence my psu questions...

what about the "other stuff" in a case.. ie: dvd/ sblive/ burner, etc... do i just add up the power requirements ?? plz advise ..thx:?:
                          SPAM Special Ops

Comment

wisie did you choose your nickname or did someone else give it to you? Everone's :cool: .

Comment

Originally posted by drpeterbright
                              wisie did you choose your nickname or did someone else give it to you? Everone's :cool: .
                              Nah, i chose it ages ago.. my surname is wise, and people started calling me wisie or wise eyes in primary school, so i remembered back to then and used that.

what about the "other stuff" in a case.. ie: dvd/ sblive/ burner, etc... do i just add up the power requirements ?? plz advise ..thx
                              not sure, sorry.

later. :shoot3:

Comment

Multiple reasons prevail.

Comment

Working...
                                X