Why you need more case fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you need more case fans

In each post please limit yourself to one reason that you need more case fans. Also, please number your submissions and give an explanation. I'll start with:

Reason Number 1:

Developing Peaceful Relations with Loved Ones: If you have a loud enough case fan, your spouse, parent, friend, partner etc. may think that you are using the vacuum cleaner to tidy up your room. Helpful Hint: Hold your hand over the loudest fan's intake periodically to simulate the vacuum sucking. So they won't be too suspicious of how industrious you have become, you need to shut down or reduce the rpm of your fan(s) via a fan bus once in a while. This entire scenario is much more effective if you get the real vacuum and take it to your computer room before you fire up your beast.

Reason Number 2:

Pest Control: Again you need to start with loud, high cfm case fans. Place your filters on the inside of the case fans and let the inrush of air suck those pests in to be chopped up. The filters on the inside prevent the mobo from shorting out. More bugs will be attacted if you use auxillary case lighting (neon works great) to draw them into the fans. PLease clean your filters often. You may be able to get a side job working for your local mosquito control authority by counting the number of mosquitos you capture each hour. Entymologists may also be interested in your bounty.

Comment

Reason Number 3:

LAN Party: Install at least two ultra high cfm case fans in the bottom of your computer making certain that they are exhausting air. Then attach a light weight UPS that is wired directly to these two fans only. Attach a leash to your beast and let it power itself to your next LAN Party. If you tune the exhaust fans just right so that they emit very high frequency sounds, any dogs being walked along your route are certain to begin barking at your beast. This will definately attract beatiful geek babes or handsome geek guys depending on which you prefer. Be certain to plug in the UPS once you arrive at the LAN Party so that you will have the necessary power to get back home at the end of the party.

Comment

Reason Number 4:

Exotic Pet Manufacturing: The world is experiencing a terrible shortage of Manx (tailless) cats, but there is an ample number of cats with tails. Using high speed case fans without grills but with filters on the inside of the case this ratio can easily be reversed. By using your mouse (preferably covered in fur for this task) to attact tailed felines toward the unprotected fan blades, you will be evening things out. Again, be sure to clean your filters regularly.

Comment

Reason no. 5

Put high cfm fans at the back of your computer, and at a lan face the back at someone you don't like, then they eill start to complain that you are making them cold as the night goes on.

Comment

Reason no. 6

Have really LOUD fans, then at LAN's no one will sit near you and annoy you.

Comment

Reason no. 7

If you get enough cool air flow you won't need to put your drinks in the fridge, hence avoiding getting up and walking.

Comment

Reason no. 8

To keep your computer cool

Comment

SegiY Have you ever seen a case with more fans than you have?

Comment

More fans than SegiY ?
                    that's not possible....:p
                    SPAM Special Ops

Comment

:cool: I'll take that as a challenge! :cool: Some day, some day.

Comment

If you do i'll just add more, and more, AND MORE!!!
                        UNTIL i get sucked in and choped up

Comment

And I thought that I was doin' well with 10 fans in my server. :laugh:
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

The only thing i hold against my case is it's not big enough, need more room for fans and LCD.

Comment

Reason no. 9:

Braging rights :p

Comment

Working...
                              X