Pc3200!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chisholm
    yea i'm still confused as to y wideo card RAM is usually so overl****able yet some normal RAM won;t even run at it's certified speed *cough* OCZ*cough* kingmax:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:
    the OCZ ram is frequently OC'd chips - at least the suff above PC2100 is - I don't know if they're using 6ns chps for their PC2700 now - it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't.

You have to ask yourself - is the permanently bonded heat spreader on oCZ memory to aid in coolong or to hide the speed designation on the chips? - and if you remove it, you void your warranty - what a coincidense

Comment

So far there is no true PC3200 RAM..I mean one that runs at 5ns. Well..correction..the KingMax runs at 5ns but it seems to perform poorly all over the place. Again, WHY is that? Shouldnt faster RAM perform better than slower RAM ((PC2700 v. PC3200)) If you take a motherboard and set the FSB to 200 and put it some PC3200 RAM and benchmark would you get a higher/lower score than if you put it a PC2700 RAM in a motherboard that is running at 166 FSB?

Comment

I have had no problems with my Kingmax DDR-400 memory that i have tested

I used a KT333 board and set the memory to 166Mhz (DDR-333) then pushed up the FSB untill the memory was running DDR-400

then pushed the memory even further to see just what the maximum speed is

No way in hell I was ever going to hit 200Mhz FSB.

Comment

:cool: Any chance of getting links to reviews of the ultra high speed memory especially comparisons among the various brands?

:cool:

Comment

Well there was one here, http://www.overclockers.co.nz/ ,but their site seems to have a few probs atm. :(
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

:) Thanks for the link. :)

Comment

I just got the corsair XMS-3000 CAS2 instead, and it was cheaper than the XMS-2700

Comment

I noticed yesterday that Corsair XMS3200 (2-3-3-6-T1@200MHz) has hit stores around Sydney now. ;)
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                  X