• Show
Clear All

• Very high temperatures!

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
    CPU: E8400
    Fans: Silverstone 120mm case fan, Masscool 80mm case fan
    HSF: Masscool 90mm Ball CPU Cooler
    Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 [Just applied]

As you can see, on full load I can reach up to 90c which is bad. All the fans are on maximum too. I haven't done any overclocking. Anyone know why it's going up so high or have any suggestions of a good product I can use to keep my computer temperature lower?

Re: Very high temperatures!

First thing I would do is to get a reak thermal probe and verify the results. Most thermistors being used on even modern motherboards are not all that well known for their accuracy. If the temperatures are confirmed as being too high, then we can address issues like proper case airflow and the use of a quality TIM and cooler.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Either too much thermal compound has been applied or the heatsink is not properly installed.
      GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
      AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
      Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
      Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
      Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
      PC P&C 500W PSU
      2TB Seagate
      Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

I agree with casecutter. AS5 is a fantastic TIM, but people use way too much of it. I use it myself and the small tube has lasted forever. You only need about the size of 3/4 of a bb. I have known of people who have spread this stuff all over the cpu. It is a no-no. Too much will act as a insulator trapping the heat under the TIM instead of transfering it. You can run a simple test and put a small dab on the cpu, apply the heatsink, then remove it. You will be able to see the spead of the compound. It should be a circle that cover a good portion in the center of the cpu heatspreader.
        Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme (bios revision beta F6B) / I7 920 @ 3.8GHz 1.3V (190 x 20)
        Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 3X2GB 8-8-8-24 @ 1.64v (running at 1520MHz with 8 multi)
        EVGA GTX 285 x 2 SLI
        Samsung Syncmaster 275T LCD
        Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W Modular PSU
        ASUS Xonar DX2 w/Onkyo TX-SR706 / Kef 7.1
        Sennheiser HD595
        2 x 300GB Velocoraptors in RAID 0
        Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler
        Coolermaster H.A.F.932 / Vista 64 Ultimate SP1

Comment

Working...
        X