High system temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High system temperature

Well did you try making a profile in CCC with specific settings?

Comment

You may need a different version of ATITool, but since rivatuner works you should set some Temp/fan speed profiles.

Since it does only crash on videos you may just need a different codec package installed, or a codec package installed if you do not have one installed. Though, I have never seen that cause a crash, normally just the video will not play.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        You may need a different version of ATITool, but since rivatuner works you should set some Temp/fan speed profiles.

Since it does only crash on videos you may just need a different codec package installed, or a codec package installed if you do not have one installed. Though, I have never seen that cause a crash, normally just the video will not play.
        It's not video's as in movies , it's the video trailers of the games(3d ones) and as well as on the graphics tests of the 3d mark 06. It's in the service shop today to get the video changed and they promised if it does the same problem they will change every component until it works properly. Hopefully this won't take them 2 weeks to complete :) I will let you know what turned out to be in the end , if there is an end of this.....

Comment

Should take them a couple minutes to change a video card.

But you know how us tech guys are. =P

Comment

Good luck, hope you marked the card with a UV marker so they dont lie to you and say they switched it out

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              Good luck, hope you marked the card with a UV marker so they dont lie to you and say they switched it out
              well actually i didn't , but what i did was to persuade them that if this time i return my pc home and it's broken again i will make sure it will cost them way more then what i payed for it(i'm a public service lawyer). I think this time they won't be f*cking with me...but we'll see

Ps: they haven't phoned me yet today , meaning they might be actually doing something to fix it , or might put me to the test if i would really sue them :)

Comment

AHAHAHA, good luck either way man. Hope they do you right!

Comment

well i probably shouldn't be posting this in the cooling section , but since i started the thread here , here's what happened:

after a couple of days of hardcore testing in the shop we concluded it is the power supply. The Fortron everest 1010w altho it's certified by ati to be able to sustain this video card and even 2 of them in cross fire does not at all. The first psu that we changed was totally broken and when we putted the second one(same brand) the pc started working but did reboot once in a while under serious load. So then we switched a couple of video cards(same brand) the problem was still there. Then we switched the motherboard and the problem remained. Therefore we came back to basics : what causes the pc to reboot ? insuficcient power and overheating. We then puted it in a special server case and cooled it to 20c and it did reboot again. So we decided to try another brand power supply. We puted a server power supply which is 550w but supplies 19A on all of it's 12v connectors. And it worked under heavy load for 24 hours. Then we measured the power supply of the old power supply and it turned out that it supplies only 12A on all of it's 12v connectors instead of 20A as stated in the tech specifications. We thought it might be broken again and we put a 3d one of the same type and it didn't supply more then that.
                  In conclusion Fortron 1010w PSU altho certified by ati(dunno how) cannot support ati hd 4870x2 video card due to it's lower A output on the 12v connectors. Now the question before me is :

-Does someone else have a 4870x2 video card and what power supply do you use because i cannot trust what the manufacturers type in their specifications.
                  - I was reccomended to use Galaxy or Corsair PSU , which one should i pick if any of those at all ?

Comment

Corsair makes very good PSU's.

Just for you - Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Comment

Its simple way to over come this problem.first arrange any cooler like fan or AC inside the system room.otherwise your hard disk cabin additionally fit othr fan also.Cheers...........
                      ------------------
                      Muthu

Visit Sexxat.com - Instant Social Sex Networking and Amateur Video Chat Rooms

Comment

Working...
                      X