High system temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High system temperature

My system temperature displayed in the bios is 43-48 c. Which i believe is quite high. However when i touch the radiator of the mb chipset it feels cold. What does that mean ? I'm not much of an expert. Is it a problem ?

Re: High system temperature

That is warm, kinda. What Speed are you running with what FSB? And have you added MCH or FSB Voltages?

What is your ambient temp?

Comment

Which board would be my first question ;)
      E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Ya, that too. Sounds like a old 965P or hot ambient temp

Comment

I don't know why people get into a fit once their temps are not 3x. 43-48. Nothing is wrong with that.

Relax people.

Comment

like soldier said, for an older board thats actually a fine temp... as long as you dont go much past 50C you'll be fine... it'll hinder your OCing a little bit, but really there's nothing wrong with those temps

Comment

here is the actual pc setup :
              Motherboard:
              GB X48T-DQ6
              CPU:
              INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q9400
              RAM:
              2x2GB KIT DDR3 Super T
              HDD:
              150GB WD,SATA2,VelociRaptor 10 000rpm, 16mb
              Video card:
              GIGABYTE R487X2-2GH-B
              Monitor:
              Asus 24'
              PSU:
              PSU FORTRON EVEREST 1010/1KW
              The tower is a mid tower from foxconn with 1 tower fan on it, but i can't remember the model as i threw out the box and dunno where to look for the tower model on the tower itself :)

sorry for the lame posting at the start.
              no extra colers for the mb , just a liquid cooler for the cpu.
              the problem is my pc keeps rebooting when i put it to high load and i cannot understand where from. so i thought it could be the system temp. I changed the power supply , thinking it was coming from it , however the problem still persists. Now i'm headed towards the video card.... which does make some strange sound(buzzing sound, but not a fan sound) when it goes under heavy load and before the pc reboots.

Comment

Only 1 fan? Wow, you should get you at least 2 120MM fans and put one in the back and one in the front. 2 in the back and one up front it you can

What BIOS Settings are you using. I really think your card is Broke because of the sounds coming from it, but you may have some settings incorrect as well which could cause your system to fail. >>>>

This is Just a template I use to ask people their settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Code:
                Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
                CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8] 
                Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]
                CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
                CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450] 
                PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
                C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
                System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
                DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
                Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
                Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
                Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ ?
                Rank Write to READ Delay________ ?
                Write to Precharge Delay_________ ?
                Refresh to ACT Delay______________ ?
                Read to Precharge Delay__________ ?
                Static tRead Value_______________
                Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
                CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
                GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
                DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] 
                PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] 
                FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] 
                (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V] 
                CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
                No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
                CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
                C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
                x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
                CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
                CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
                Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]

Integrated Peripherals
                Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

Comment

Just to add to your fan advice Lsdmeasap, the front fan should be intake and the back fan exhaust. Also, don't look for any ordinary 120mm fan. Try and get one with a decent CFM and rpm.

High rpm isn't everything. CFM is what matters as that is what determines the amount of air the fan moves. Keep in mind though, the higher the CFM, the noisier the fan will be.
                  ^_^

Comment

Right, thanks for the additional info I should have noted myself!

I Use AeroCool XtremeTurbine's in front and back, great air flow and not too loud at all >>>
                    Newegg.com - AeroCool XtremeTurbine-Blue 120mm Case Fan - Case Fans

Pricey a bit, but I like em alot

If you are short on cash, I would suggest some Yate Loon D12SH's from Petra's >>>
                    The coolers on our list have been tested at our G Shift Labs test center so we can tell you which one is the best for cooling your CPU under different conditions and workloads. Your stock cooler may do the job but the best CPU coolers for your needs are what this article is about. %

or D12SM's if you want a bit less Airflow or do not have a controller. But even the H models are pretty quiet. I use these on my Rad's

Comment

Newegg.com - Thermaltake A2018 120mm Blue LED Case Fan - Case Fans

Another great fan.

Comment

Just don't get a ThunderBlade, they are properly named

I have a few

Comment

Thank you guys for the advices. I really didn't know i should have so many fans in my case. And i wonder why are they needed ? People say that a system temp of 45c is quite normal. Other then that at 50% fan speed the video card never get's more then 65-67c itself and it says it can run normally up to 85-90c. Today i'm taking the pc to replace the video card and will report back if it was it that was causing the problems. If it's not it i will get the motherboard changed.

I did alot of test , on the ram , cpu , and gpu. and the pc reboots only on the gpu tests. I also ran the video card on another pc and it did reboot aswell too. I did ran another card on my pc and all tests went fine. So all the problems must be coming from the video card. I also ran the pc with open case and with my ac blowing in to it and the system temp went down to 20c , but it kept rebooting on 3d mark and crysis.

The strange thing is that it only reboots on videos(like the crysis intro or any other game intro's) wheni get in game and start playing on highest resolution and settings the game runs for hours with no problems or noises and the video stock fan at 40%. I also tried the stock fan at 100% on the video for a while and it rebooted again.

There's one more thing that bothers me: the video card fan doesn't run on more then 25% when put to automatic, nomatter how much u load the card it keeps running at 25% and the card eventually goes up to 85c-90c according to the ati catalyst(v 8.10). However when you adjust it manually the fan changes speed again with the ati catalyst. This thing could mean it's not the card itself but it's drivers that are messing up.

Comment

Try using ATI tool to handle fan speed and/or create a different profile in the CCC and set the fan speed to what you would like it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by soldier View Post
                              Try using ATI tool to handle fan speed and/or create a different profile in the CCC and set the fan speed to what you would like it to be.
                              the ati tool doesn't do anything for my video card :( riva tuner and the ati catalyst work.

Comment

Working...
                              X