No announcement yet.

Water-cooling Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little information on Heat Exchangers from cars (radiators).
    After i viewed a post by Wiggo, on "flow rate plays a big part too".
    The auto heat exchangers need water to say inside the heat exchanger for a certain length of time, for it to become efficent at cooling the liquid or water.

Comment

The good flowrate is needed at the CPU waterblock hence the 3/8"-1/2" connections (1/4" connections won't give that) and a good pump is required to keep the water flowing at a reasonable rate (and also for reliability but not super fast either) but most radiators used are similar to car ones as they have tanks on either end connected by a series of galleries and these galleries which will kill the flowrate while the fluid is traveling through the radiator only to be picked up again when being forced back out the other side. :smokin:
      <center></center>

Comment

As promised, here's a picture of my radiator in its shroud.

Impressively ugly :D

The radiator had foam already around it, which makes the fit relatively air tight.

Comment

Ok looks like it means business but how does it perform so far is what I'm really interested in? :D
          <center></center>

Comment

It's still about 10 deg above ambient. I would like a bit more airflow through the rad, but that would mean a faster and noisier fan. I was thinking of placing it on the floor, where the temps are probably a few degrees cooler.

It's very reliable and I can clock as posted above. I degraded my ram latancey settings to increase fsb speed, and this worked, but due to the more stable settings of my ram, my benchmark scores plumeted. :( But this means that if I can cool my ram a bit, I may be able to push it further :)

I like this set up, because I can migrate my cooling system from system to system when I upgrade, maybe changing the water block if need be.

I want to try some ways of cooling my ram and 3d card now. I may use water or ram sinks.

I only wish I could put gold fish in my res :D

Comment

Well I fianally got my water cooling running...

pondmaster 250 gph in-line pump
              dangerden: maze 2-1, super cube

my cpu is an athlon 1.2, I have it running at 1.5, 42 idle, 44 load!!

I am happy

Comment

Hey glad ya happy with it then woz_mann. :thumb:
                <center> </center>

Comment

Overclockershideout.com all the way. Got their kit the other day, very happy with it.

Comment

is the senfu water cooling kit any good?

Comment

Unless Senfu has got away from the 1/4" attachments they're not much chop. :smokin:
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

What is the best?

Comment

These seem to be the 2 best manufacturers atm.

But a good gallery radiator is also a must for the best performance. :smokin:
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                          X