Shuttle SD37P2 case including 975x MB, and 400W psu
    Intel C2D E6400 @2.13GHz
    2GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4
    Seagate 320GB HD with 16ms cache SATA 7200rpm
    ATI x1950XTX GPU
    Samsung 225BW 22" lcd display.
    Logitech G15 gaming keyboard.
    Windows XP pro.

I wanted a SFF system for its space saving features. I am a little concerned about temps though. Everything is stock settings wise. My cpu temps while not running anything are about 53celcius. I had taken the pc apart and reapplied some different thermal paste (don't know the brand) and the initial readings were about 40celcius, but now they seem to have gone up. Ambient temps are around 50celcius and gpu temps are near 63celcius. I am looking for any aftermarket cooling options that will work with this case. Any ideas?
    thanks

Re: Shuttle SD37P2 aftermarket cooling

More fans, arctic silver 5, better coolers, and or checking to see if the paste is still as it was when you installed it. You might be able to cut a hole in the case for a fan.

Comment

theres a pretty good review here, and their temperatures are lower than yours with a faster proccessor.
      as budweet says, AC silver 5 will help, and buying better fans may help a little. for instance, the 92mm akasa amber fan is supposed to be good. you could cut holes in the side, but im guessing that as its a beautiful new case you dont want to, am i right?

Comment

Your ambient temps are not 50c. Ambient temperature refers to room temperature.

I'd recommend you get something with heat pipes, if possible. You'll probably want a Panaflo fan to go with it. I'd specifically recommend an XP-90, if there's room for it in the case.

Comment

Maybe you should water cool, although it would be hard in such a small case.
          What are the dimensions of your case? maybe you could cram an AC freezer 7 pro in there.

Comment

AF 7?
            heh thats the first thing i thoght of, and if you look at pics of the case, there is zero to no way that it will fit. i think ocz has a nice small heatsink, too lazy to find it for you

Comment

Originally posted by Munkul View Post
              AF 7?
              heh thats the first thing i thoght of, and if you look at pics of the case, there is zero to no way that it will fit. i think ocz has a nice small heatsink, too lazy to find it for you
              LOL, maybe you could jimmy up your own cooler, stick an ice cube in the case if it will fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th View Post
                Your ambient temps are not 50c. Ambient temperature refers to room temperature.
                btw by "room" it means the inside of your case - if its 50`c your never going to get good cpu & gpu temps, you've got to get that temp down

(I'm assuming the bios or something is giving you these temps so since the shuttle doesn't have an external temp sensor in your room, ambient temperature is refering to the temp inside your case) - it won't matter how good your heatsink is, by the laws of thermodynamics, it can't cool down below 50c since thats the air its using to cool down - there's no where for the thermal energy to go.
                http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

I've seen people fit those with external watercooling setups like the Corsair Nautilus 500, or Zalman Reserator (kits 1 or 2), or any 1 of the half dozen or so Thermaltake ones.

Comment

Working...
                  X