Fans or Heat-Pipe Technology for Laptop Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans or Heat-Pipe Technology for Laptop Cooling

I want to know, would the Nexus TDD-3000 Thermal Innovation Heat-Pipe Technology Laptop/ Notebook Cooler (Cooling Pad): Quiet, Noiseless actually work better than the regular fan notebook coolers

Here's some of the specs:

• Nexus Thermal Innovation introduces the TDD-3000. A revolutionary notebook computer cooler with heat-pipe technology. The TDD-3000 cools a notebook computer without producing any noise and even without any installation or power usage. Zero electricity needed heat-pipe solution helps to keep your notebook computer at a lower temperature. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    • The TDD-3000 cools a notebook computer without producing any noise and even without any installation or power usage. Zero electricity needed heat-pipe solution helps to keep your notebook computer at a lower temperature. <o:p></o:p>
    • Fan-less, zero-noise operation, reduces computer noise by reducing internal fan usage. <o:p></o:p>
    • Increases overall computer battery life by reducing internal cooling fan usage. <o:p></o:p>
    • No USB port used and no internal electricity consumed at all. <o:p></o:p>
    • Compatible with all notebook computers. No installation needed. <o:p></o:p>
    • Revolutionary heat pipe solution helps dissipate heat from the center. <o:p></o:p>
    • Use it anytime, anywhere...no annoying AC adapter needed. <o:p></o:p>
    • How it works: <o:p></o:p>
      • Heat pipes remove heat from the source in a two-phase process. As heat is generated, a liquid at one end of the pipe evaporates and releases the heat to a heat sink by condensation at the other end. The liquid is returned to start the process over through a wick structure on the inside of the heat pipe. <o:p></o:p>
    Heat-pipes passively transfer heat from the heat source to a heat sink where the heat is dissipated. The heat pipe itself is a vacuum-tight vessel that is evacuated and partially filled with a minute amount of water or other working fluid. As heat is directed into the device, the fluid is vaporized creating a pressure gradient in the pipe. This forces the vapor to flow along the pipe to the cooler section where it condenses, giving up its latent heat of vaporization. The working fluid is then returned to the evaporator by capillary forces developed in the heat pipe's porous wick structure, or by gravity.

Would this be the best way to cool my laptop. OR should I just use the regular fan coolers?

Re: Fans or Heat-Pipe Technology for Laptop Cooling

I don't see any reason why it would work better than a cooling solution with fans, but if it fits the bill of what you want or need, then I don't see why it wouldn't work well. Give Google a search for some reviews.

Comment

I'm a big fan of heat pipe technology, but this does not seem to be the best use of it. Heat pipes are designed to move heat...but where is this cooling pad moving it to? It would seem that heat buildup would be an issue here, it's a little to hard to be certain by the pictures given though.

Also, if this pad is designed to move heat from the middle, it may not be the best for every laptop as each laptop has a different hot spot.

Maybe if the pad used some passive heat sinks it might look like a better working unit.

Comment

The surface area of the metal heatpipes looks to be very small.. and the plastic to metal heat conduction wont be that great imo.

It is an interesting design, but I'm going to say a fan would work much better (fans can be almost noiseless too :P).

Comment

concerning laptops, thats a very wide "can be"
          or is it narrow?

Comment

Working...
          X